[OFFER] IBM VisualAge for BASIC for OS/2 and Windows

I have an ISO image available of IBM VisualAge for BASIC 1.0 for OS/2 and Windows. Would this be of interest? It is kind of IBM's cross-platform answer to Microsoft's Visual Basic, but also has some neat features like DB2 database support, and support for SOM and DSOM.

Comments

• Oh, wow. Never heard of this product before! Could you upload it somewhere, please?

• Yes, that would be an excellent one to add.

• I have placed it in a 7zip archive at https://media.technocratican.org/sw/ibm_visual_age_for_basic_1.0.7z

The archive contains the ISO image, an md5sum of the disc, and a text file with a short description.

• I won't be able to host this for more than another week or so, so if WinWorld would like to add this to the site, y'all need to get on it soon.

• Thanks! I'm downloading a copy for my personal archive right now.

In case @SomeGuy (I believe he's got the flu) doesn't manage to archive it in time, I can offer him to re-upload it to my web host.

• Cool deal! I'm almost over my bout with the flu as well, so understandable. I will keep it up a bit longer.

• Thanks for this. I've just installed OS/2 2.0 in a 86Box 486DX/75 so it will be nice to have some application software to try :D .

• @Datashed said:
    I have an ISO image available of IBM VisualAge for BASIC 1.0 for OS/2 and Windows. Would this be of interest?

Very interesting! From http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VisualAge_for_Basic :

Version 1 is considered to be extremely buggy, this was fixed in subsequent bug fix releases alongside a host of small updates, however that upgrade was so big that it was never offered as a download by IBM but only as a free CD and few owners of VA Basic were even aware of its existence, making it very rare on the second hand market. IBM withdrew VA Basic from the market in 1998 but briefly offered the MS Windows version as a free download in 2000, although some claimed that was by mistake.

I'll check that out since I'm a BASIC kind of person...

• @Datashed Installer says it's version 1.1