Can't find fan header on motherboard

Yes, i'm back with that Pentium 3 (Celeron 700mhz) machine, now i found out it was psu problem, but the weird thing i see, that there is no fan header on motherboard, is there anything to do about it

Comments

• Did you already look up your motherboard manual or Total Hardware 99?

In the Pentium III days the fan header normally was a 3-pin header with index tab that was close to the CPU socket. You should identify it easily.

Before that a unspectacular 2-pin header was quite common. So check unconnected headers.

And before that, in the Pentium I era, you had to bring your own fan power via a connector you had to attach to a HDD power cable. This would be your last resort :)

• @SoftWitch said:
    Did you already look up your motherboard manual or Total Hardware 99?

In the Pentium III days the fan header normally was a 3-pin header with index tab that was close to the CPU socket. You should identify it easily.

Before that a unspectacular 2-pin header was quite common. So check unconnected headers.

And before that, in the Pentium I era, you had to bring your own fan power via a connector you had to attach to a HDD power cable. This would be your last resort :)

should try after looking through motherboard, and maybe also after buying new psu

• Ok. But that PSU won't give you a connector you don't have already. ;)

If you really can't find a fan connector on the motherboard itself (what's the model, btw?) you might need this:
    https://www.startech.com/Cables/Computer-Power/Internal/12in-TX3-to-Large-Internal-Power-LP4-CPU-Fan-Adapter-Cable~CPUFANADAPT

• edited January 2020

@SoftWitch said:
    Ok. But that PSU won't give you a connector you don't have already. ;)

If you really can't find a fan connector on the motherboard itself (what's the model, btw?) you might need this:
    https://www.startech.com/Cables/Computer-Power/Internal/12in-TX3-to-Large-Internal-Power-LP4-CPU-Fan-Adapter-Cable~CPUFANADAPT

also through my tryings to find, no result, the only way i could think of is to turn on, but problem is, how do i turn on pc that i can't turn on
    edit: i told about the model

• edited January 2020

@megamanyoutuber: What about the mainboard model.

On a PIII system the switch is a header on the motherboard, too. ;) The 2 pin case switch connector goes there. I suggest you get a manual (I wanted to help and therefore asked for the model). Oh an please don't turn on a 700 MHz CPU without a working CPU fan, it could become damaged.