[REQUEST] Nichimen/IZWare Mirai 1.x

Not like a super serious request, but if anyone has original media that they can dump for it, I would much appreciate it. There are a few copies floating around on old warez CDs and the like but seeing it properly archived would be very nice, on the off chance anyone has it~

Comments

• Hmm, sounds interesting. Had to look it up. Wikipedia has a brief entry:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirai_(software)

"Mirai is a 3D creation and editing suite available originally from Nichimen Graphics Corporation, later from Winged Edge Technologies, and currently from Izware. The modeller uses the winged edge data structure, is written in Common Lisp, and traces its lineage to the S-Geometry software from Symbolics.[1][2] It has been used primarily by game developers and high-end character animators—for example by Bay Raitt's facial morph targets for the Gollum character in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy."

• Well, Just came across this & just signed up...
    I have compiled a working Mirai that works 100% on XP SP3 32 bit and depending on video card or OpenGL will also render...Which is good if you wish to use Mirai fully. A few others have got Mirai to work on Windows 7 32 & 64 bit but had rendering issues.

The method requires using the PORTABLE version along with a datefaker and a few other odds & ends & there are pitfalls to avoid.

Still now at 20 years old it is pretty awesome and YES, many have caught up with what Mirai was doing by 2005 but not in the ELEGANCE that Mirai offered...

And NO...Wings3D is NOT a Mirai clone & more closely follows the Nendo Paradigm with some Mirai elements thrown in. Even though Wings3D has surpassed Nendo in nearly every way it still cannot 3D paint or record events like Nendo does.

Wings3D cannot even come close to Mirai as it is like Nendo on steroids with 2D-3D Paint, Dynamics, Animation, Rendering, Etc...

I could go on...

So get ahold of me here or whatever way is used on here as I know it not. Always happy to talk Mirai as well. As it was left at 1.1a SP2 there is quite a bit that had not been updated in the manuals so alot of 'easter eggs' lay within...

TalkOrBell

• I PM'd you here, you should be able to see it now. Also if you want it publicly available, it would be advised to drop it on a filelocker (like MEGA or Google Drive) and post the link here.

~allison

• @TalkOrBell said:
    Well, Just came across this & just signed up...

Any updates on this?

• Hi, if anyone has the source code or a download link (for Windows), I would super appreciate it! I've looked far and wide but have been unable to find it..