SunOS 1.1

Hi,

I have a copy of SunOS 1.1 on tape hanging on my office wall. I would be happy to offer up an image, but I have no way of reading the tapes. If anyone happens to be in the San Francisco Bay Area and is interested in helping me archive it I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• What would be awesome. There are a bunch of vintage hardware gurus over at vcfed.org that can help out reading such tapes.

• I just joined there the other day, I'll hit them up and see if I can get some help.

I'm just not interested in paying the ~$200/reel to have a professional service do it for me.

• OK, just to follow up, I was able to have the tapes read, I had SunOS 1.0 and 1.1. They are now on bitsaves (specifically http://bitsavers.org/bits/Sun/SunOS/), but so is a ton of other versions of SunOS. Not sure if its worth it to mirror here as well.

• 1.0? Wow, very nice! Occasionally we grab stuff from bitstavers as there is a bit of overlap between them and Winworld, although bitsavers focuses more on big mainframe/mini/workstation type software and documentation. (The sort of stuff no mere mortal can afford)