WinWorld PC, please host the official (not cracked) activation-free versions of Adobe CS2 software

Years ago Adobe shut down their activation servers for CS2 software (this includes CS2 versions of Photoshop, Indesign, etc), due to the cost of running servers for software no longer supported by Adobe. Fortunately at the time they were smart enough to realize that people's computers crash sometimes and may require a reinstall of software if you had to format your drive, so they provided activation free versions for customers (though anybody could download it because they didn't put protections on their website).

Now that went along fine, until some time last year, when Adobe decided to cut off past customers from EVER BEING ABLE TO REINSTALL THEIR SOFTWARE, by removing ALL of the activation-free CS2 versions of their software from their website. That was a VERY cruel move, but hopefully somebody else can step in to fix the situation.

That's where WinWorld PC comes in. While you don't host them yet, I'm hoping that you will at some point choose to host all of the activation-free CS2 versions of Adobe's software on this website. Note that I'm NOT talking about other activation-based versions (such as those that came on physical disks) that would now require cracks to get past activation. I'm talking ONLY about the versions that previously were available for download, but are no longer available, on Adobe's website, and these versions NEVER required activation (so no cracks were needed for them). I'm hoping that WWPC can now start hosting these on their own website.

The CS2 files (installers, patches, extras, documents) which previously were available on Adobe's site, but no longer are, are as follows:
Creative Suite 2 for Windows (6 files)
Creative Suite 2 for Mac (6 files)
Acrobat 3D 1.0 for Windows (1 file)
Acrobat Standard 7.0 for Windows (1 file)
Acrobat Pro 7.0 for Windows (1 file)
After Effects for Windows (1 file)
After Effects for Mac (1 file)
Audition 3.0 for Windows (3 files)
GoLive CS2 for Windows (1 file)
GoLive CS2 for Mac (1 file)
Illustrator CS2 for Windows (1 file)
Illustrator CS2 for Mac (1 file)
InCopy CS2 for Windows (1 file)
InCopy CS2 for Mac (1 file)
InDesign CS2 for Windows (1 file)
InDesign CS2 for Mac (1 file)
Photoshop CS2 for Windows (1 file)
Photoshop CS2 for Mac (1 file)
Premier Pro 2.0 for Windows (1 file)

That above list shows how many files for each program were originally hosted at Adobe's website for CS2 activation-free versions. Now here's a screenshot of the old Adobe page in question, via archive.org (as it's no longer available on the actual Adobe website). Here you can see the name of every single file that was on the page, and yes, I'm hoping WinWorld PC can manage to find copies of all of these, and host them here on the WWPC website.

The above text was for the WWPC admins, requesting they host it. However, for them to host it, they first need to get it, so the following text is a request for all you computer users out there who may have a copy of some or all of these files. If you have any of these files, please send them to WWPC, so WWPC can host them.

Comments

• Anybody here able to find any of these from another source yet?

• edited February 2020

It looks like those and more were stored on the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web//http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/

Of course, captures done by the Wayback Machine after the date of removal by Adobe won't work. Just ignore those recent dates and grab a capture of the same file from an earlier date. Also, if some of the URLs with parameters (ending with "?" and stuff after that) don't work look through the list for URLs for the same file that don't have any parameters.

Note to moderators: There seems to be a bug in the forum software when posting URLs. The asterisk character is always removed from the display (as seen above). If the URL text shown above is copied and pasted it won't work. Also, unless the target URL is explicitly defined by clicking on the linking icon at the top of the editing box, the automatic URL processing strips the asterisk chars from the target URL as well (breaking the link completely).

• I'll add that to my long list of things I don't like about the Vanilla Forum software, but there is nothing I can personally do about that.

Those characters get eaten as formatting codes, so there might be some combination of enclosing the URL in something else that might let it work.

• @slugdev said:
    It looks like those and more were stored on the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web//http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/

Of course, captures done by the Wayback Machine after the date of removal by Adobe won't work. Just ignore those recent dates and grab a capture of the same file from an earlier date. Also, if some of the URLs with parameters (ending with "?" and stuff after that) don't work look through the list for URLs for the same file that don't have any parameters.

Note to moderators: There seems to be a bug in the forum software when posting URLs. The asterisk character is always removed from the display (as seen above). If the URL text shown above is copied and pasted it won't work. Also, unless the target URL is explicitly defined by clicking on the linking icon at the top of the editing box, the automatic URL processing strips the asterisk chars from the target URL as well (breaking the link completely).

Not every one of the links works on Wayback Machine. Some of them give me a 504 server error. That's not an archived 504 error from the Adobe website. That's a 504 error from web.archive.org's servers. Either they are overloaded, or they are intentionally blocking downloads to some downloads for copyright reasons. I'm not sure which.

• strange, considering that the wayback machine has archived a ~15 year old site, downloads and all, that has something to do with "WPA".

which ones are you missing? I have a few of them. These are important because they are the last to work in vanilla win2k.

• edited February 2020

Yes, please do list the specific ones that aren't working for you. Admittedly I didn't test all of them since I have other archival priorities at the moment, but the several that I tested all worked, the first capture dates listed for other files are of a similar vintage, and the MIME types indicate that the files were at least initially captured successfully by the Wayback Machine (since it will typically show something like HTML as the MIME type if something like a .exe file led to a web page instead of a binary file at the time of the capture).

• I believe I have PhotoShop CS2 for both Windows and Mac OS X, would those be of use to you (assuming you can't download those from archive.org)?

• The one that wasn't working (haven't tested any others after this one failed) was After Effects for Windows. I FINALLY got it to download though (after several days of trying, it FINALLY worked). As I said though, I haven't tested any others after that one initially failed. I did get Creative Suite 2 for Windows first though, before I got stopped at After Affects. Howerver that Creative Suite 2 bundle only has 4 of the CS2 products in it (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Version Cue). I'll try more of the CS2 downloads on Wayback Machine tonight, to see how many actually work.

• Take file name+index of in google. Problem solved.

• I have personally managed to get all of them except for After Effects. It would be worth noting that I found a couple of these on TechNet (where PS and Premiere were available), and the downloads there were the same size as the ones downloaded from the Wayback Machine. Currently finishing up downloading Illustrator and Premiere Pro. I am wanting to upload these to archive.org as well as give them to whoever I need to for WinWorld. It should be noted that I have only bothered with the Windows versions of these files, and not the Mac. I may get around to that eventually.