DR-DOS 5.x

edited February 2020 in Product Comments

DR-DOS 5.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited February 2020

Has anybody seen version 5.0 on 3.5" disks? It think it was bundled with 8086/286? processor boards for Acorn computers in the UK and these came fitted with 3.5" drives as standard. Here's the cover of the manual with an Acorn logo.

• I’ve got two copies of it on 3.5” one is an OEM 2 disk set and one is retail, I think, on 3 disks, but the retail set is missing disk 2. It might be possible to recreate using the 360k disks on this site, until someone can dump a complete set.

• @jafir said:
    I’ve got two copies of it on 3.5” one is an OEM 2 disk set and one is retail, I think, on 3 disks, but the retail set is missing disk 2. It might be possible to recreate using the 360k disks on this site, until someone can dump a complete set.

Thanks.

The manual I have was supplied with the Acorn Learning Curve PC emulator which was originally bunded with the Acorn A3000 risc computer.

Here is the data sheet PDF, 1 page, and the PC Emulator handbook PDF, 56 pages.

• @jafir

I wonder your file year/time stamp of 3.5" DR-DOS 5.0 is.

• edited April 2020

I have a boxed OEM copy of DR DOS 5.0, two 3.5" disks, ViewMAX isn't included. All files are dated 02/02/91 so it's the very latest version of DR DOS 5.0. Currently I do not have it at hand but I intend to image the disks ASAP.

• @dieymir said:
    I have a boxed OEM copy of DR DOS 5.0, two 3.5" disks, ViewMAX isn't included. All files are dated 02/02/91 so it's the very latest version of DR DOS 5.0. Currently I do not have it at hand but I intend to image the disks ASAP.

Seems like the DR-DOS 5.0 is bundled with viewmax, and DR-DOS 6.0 equal. The main differences is 6.0 uses SuperPCKWIK as a disk caching driver, and it has addstor superstor disk compressión and advanced commands to make menus in config.sys , load another config.sys. But the two DR-DOS 5 and 6 has viewmax bundled .

• I have some versions not in the list, how do I contribute?
  • You can use any "cloud" file hosting site or a personal web site to share your file and then either post a link on the forum that I will grab and upload to the site, or you can send me a Private Message via the forum with the link if you want to keep the link private.
  • I know the following English(USA) version 5.0 are as follows.

06/15/1990
    08/14/1990
    02/01/1990
  • -I have a distro not present here, how do I contibute?
  • edited March 2022
    MrPoppe, I think you seem not to understand SomeGuy's said.
    Also I feel that you feel like posting a random crap.
    We appreciate it when you make an offer.