[OFFER] Oct91 NT, proper BA ISO

Hello.

So the ISO of the October 91 NT here has some issues, the graphic installer NEVER works.

I have a proper ISO, which has a working graphical installer.

If you want that, reply to me.

Comments

• @vlad557776 said:
    Hello.

So the ISO of the October 91 NT here has some issues, the graphic installer NEVER works.

I have a proper ISO, which has a working graphical installer.

If you want that, reply to me.

Yes! I want that, I'm interested on it.

• I am interested too.

• So, here it is.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/fzcwgz9rtod8a7p/oct_91_nt_3_proper_and_working.rar/file

Now go and use BetaWiki instructions (but it still may not work, IDK why)

• It won't boot GUI installer. I tried to install it trough DOS but it seems it can't install properly if you already have DOS installed on C partition. Installation finishes but it loads DOS again after reboot. Maybe it needs an empty partition but I haven't tried since I need to preload cdrom drivers in dos diskette. Will it work on empty partition? Has anyone tried?

• That build is VERY buggy. And that ISO was tested by me. The disk is NOT bootable, the GUI installer is a pain to run, so go and makedisk boot A: and don't forget about SCSI and COM ports.

• edited May 2020

@vlad557776 said:
    the GUI installer is a pain to run

Is it really, though? Followed the well known instructions for 86Box and it booted rightaway with no problems using the working ISO. Installation finished fine, NT booted normally after that.

• Yeah, but it's still a pain due to a way how you are supposed to run it. Ya know, the 98SE bootable CD is much better.

• You can use any DOS bootdisk with Adaptec SCSI drivers so you don't have to change the CD ROM type back and forth. Original Windows 98 bootdisks indeed had a number of SCSI drivers in addition to ATAPI, but you can also make your own by adding the appropriate drivers into the bootdisk and modifying CONFIG.SYS etc.