DR Draw 1.x

edited June 2020 in Product Comments

imageDR Draw 1.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• What's wrong with the files? I've downloaded the IBM PC floppies. After that, I inserted the floppy on 86box on the drive B: (Since PC DOS 1.x should run on A: drive). Then I ran DRAW.EXE but it just repeated some weird mess of text, I've tried running GINSTALL.EXE but it didn't work for me too. It said me that there was an error on the EXE file.

I re-downloaded the archive to know if the download was corrupted, but no. The problem persists. I've tried the CP/M-86 but it was too complicated and I didn't know what to do.

Here is the config I used on 86box:

Machine: IBM XT (1986)

CPU Type: Intel. CPU: 8088/8

RAM/Memory: 640 Kilobytes.

Display: Color Graphics/CGA

Mouse Input: Microsoft Serial Mouse.

Hard Disk: No hard disk (Because PC-DOS 1.x can't be installed on a hard drive).

Floppy Drives: A drive: 360 Kilobytes. B drive: 360 Kilobytes.

If I did something wrong please tell me a solution. Thanks!

• edited June 2020

@Netcliff said:
    What's wrong with the files? I've downloaded the IBM PC floppies. After that, I inserted the floppy on 86box on the drive B: (Since PC DOS 1.x should run on A: drive). Then I ran DRAW.EXE but it just repeated some weird mess of text, I've tried running GINSTALL.EXE but it didn't work for me too. It said me that there was an error on the EXE file.

It seems it requires DOS 1.10 or later. I tested both DRAW and GINSTALL it with 1.00 and get the same problem as you, but they work fine on 1.10.