[Offer] Amstrad system disks and related software

For anyone interested, I've posted several system disks on my blog here. Feel free to use them, reupload them on Winworld or share them so they don't vanish from posterity! Sorry this isn't more organized or informative, but I am going into hospital tomorrow for surgery and wanted to at least get access to these files "out there" for people who want them. I'll tidy things up and/or submit a proper "offer" post here when I have recovered in a couple of weeks. For now, I'd just hate those rare floppy images to vanish forever!

Comments

• Thanks for uploading these. The English version of Locomotive BASIC 2 is most welcome.

• That's great! Thanks for sharing nice Amstrad System Disks.

• Hello!

Sorry for answering to an old topic.

@Banjo, I hope you are doing well now :)

I have an Amstrad CPC 6128 with A LOT of games and softwares on 3" floppy disks. I don't know how to rip them. Moreover, my Amstrad's floppy disk drive is dead.

How does one rip these floppy disks?

Thank you
  • The preferred way to dump from Amstrad 3" drives is to use a Kryoflux connected to the 3" drive. Apparently many of these titles are copy protected, so a flux-level device is required.

Of course, you will need to repair or replace your drive first. You might be able to ask around for hardware help at the vcfed.org forums or it looks like there is a European CPC forum at www.cpcwiki.eu . If you are lucky, perhaps all it needs is a disassembling and cleaning.

Although these drives are an odd size, they have a standard-ish "shugart" interface that can be connected to an IBM PC, Kryoflux, SCP or similar device.
  • Thank you very much for your help!

I saw that in most cases, repairing the floppy drive is done by changing the drive belt. I will first do that and then buy a Kryoflux.

Thanks!! I'm excited :smiley: