DR DOS 7.x

edited April 2020 in Product Comments

DR DOS 7.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• You may not want to host the Enhancement Project's modifications, but how about source code? https://web.archive.org/web/20160429222507/http://www.drdosprojects.de:80/cgi-bin/download.cgi/dossrc.zip seems to be the original, unpatched version.

• most of these Floppies are INVALID, please post VALID ones
  • @NTXL351
    I've just tested all these, (7.0, 7.01, 7.02 and 7.03) in 86Box and they all install and run without any problems.
  • They are not invalid, they are just in Digital Research's DiskImage format. WinImage and some emulators support that. But that is not the standard format on this site, so I'll correct that.
  • Ok, updated the files and converted the format. Please give them a try now.
  • edited February 2023
    I don't know if people submit update packs but I have D70U01.EXE through D70U15.EXE EXCEPT for D70U06.EXE which has eluded me and I did a thorough scouring of the internet including archive.org and mirrored FTP sites. If anyone has that, please contact me: steve at vwebr dot net
    I will then upload a complete package of updates for Novell DOS 7 to this site. Sometimes files have fallen through the cracks and are only sitting on someone's hard drive or even floppy disks still. The problem is I don't know for what purpose that update was published as I can't even find any reference to it.
  • edited February 2023
    Update: changed search to D70U06.ZIP and this is the only place on the internet that has that file:
    ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/cd.textfiles.com/cream05/lan/index.html?N=D
    I now have a complete collection I can upload in a ZIP file...updates are good to have.
  • On Caldera OpenDOS I always have to click alt+the key I want to press else nothing will happen(I'm running on limbo x86)