Ventura Publisher 2.0

edited August 2020 in Product Comments

imageVentura Publisher 2.0

Ventura Publisher, originally from Xerox, is a professional desktop publishing program for the GEM graphical environment and later Windows. It has the distinction of being the first popular publishing program for the IBM PC platform. It competed with Aldus PageMaker, which initially was more popular on the Mac platform. There are also versions for Mac and OS/2.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hey, does anyone know how to run it? I've copied the contents of the ZIP files to the directory C:\VENTURA\ (and added the directory to PATH), but I can't find out which of the executables I should run...
  • In case anyone is interested, I'm trying to converts some (old) VP documents of mine to PostScript (so that I can render them as PDF).
  • If I recall correctly, it places a BAT file in the root directory that you have to run. If you run the executable directly they won't do much. That is how the GEM environment works.
  • pablo-escobar, search c:\vp.bat or c:\vpprof.bat
  • why is disk 4 showing up as 394 kb?
  • It does not show up like that for me. Note that this is a zipped file dump and really could use re-dump from original disks.
  • if you load the contents into ultraiso it will spew a unclosable error that the disk image full when using a 360kb floppy image and i had loaded the contents of the disk 4 zip file into an empty iso image where it showed in the space consumption bar as 394kb in ultraiso
  • edited June 2023
    it was just a glitch in ultraiso but now i had to switch the floppy drives in my emulation software because the installer tries to start from dive a instead of drive b. Ýou have to add add the drive letter to the vpprep.exe command for whatever reason for the installer to read the correct drive (example: B:\vpprep B:)