Anybody Interested in MSDN Library?

I had a subscription for the first couple of years (2005 to 2007) that they sent out several CDs and a DVD, every quarter. This has a total of 24 GB in size. Is anybody interested?

Comments

• Thankyou, yes, I am interested.

Archive.org has many available for download. Example;
    https://archive.org/details/msdncds

...but it would appear not all are available.

While I have downloaded several, including;
    https://archive.org/details/MSDN_-_No_2859_-_March_2005

...it would be nice to have a complete set, as you do.

Joe
  • edited September 2020
    Certain releases of MSDN were important for being the last to integrate with Visual Studio and include documentation applicable to it. So some might be interested in those. But archive.org seems to have them. :smile:

The October 2001 MSDN Library was the last version to include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio 6.0.

The January 2003 MSDN Library was the last version to include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio .NET (2002).

The January 2006 MSDN Library was the last version to include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio .NET 2003.

The April 2007 MSDN Library was the last version to include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio 2005 (Service Pack 1).

The January 2008 version and later include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio 2008.

The October 2008 version and later include documentation for and integrate with Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
  • edited September 2020
    @JoeC4281
    The link you provided is for MDSN software, I am speaking of the MSDN library. It is M$ knowledge base on disk. I used it to fix many programming issues in the past.
  • I've got a copy of the April 2001 MSDN Library, I used to install it with Visual Studio 6 to get online help, because when I was in college I only had dial-up for the first year. It seems to be on Archive.org already for the version I have.
  • I would be very interested!