Microsoft C/C++ 7.x

edited October 2020 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft C/C++ 7.x

This is the original standalone Microsoft C/C++ compiler for DOS and Windows - Later versions were rebranded and renumbered as Microsoft Visual C++ and were bundled with Visual Studio or the SDKs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Microsoft's FTP is closed or I can't open it now. Would someone who had ever downloaded upload the patches?
  • edited October 2020
    Microsoft C/C++ 7.0 with CL386.EXE and Windows NT 3.1 SDK seems to be the first environment that is able to build Win32 applications. But CL386.EXE isn't included in either Microsoft C/C++ 7.0 or Windows NT 3.1 SDK. Is there someone who knows CL386.EXE and has it? Would someone share a link?
  • edited November 2020
    I downloaded developr.7z from oscollect.old-dos.ru, not finding any about CL386. Maybe MSC7+CL386+NT3.1SDK is for internal use only. Sad.
  • I'm wrong. NT3.1SDK is released after VC1.0 for NT, so it in fact requires VC1.0 for NT, not MSC7.
  • Quick note in case anyone bumps into the weirdness that I ran into. I had a problem with installing 7.x in windows 3.11 on 86Box; it kept being unable to read from the floppy. I'm assuming that it's a configuration SNAFU on my part. I didn't feel like chasing it down so I simply copied the contents of all the disks (xcopy /s /e a:\*.* .) to a folder on a hard drive and installed it from there (under windows 3.11). It worked just fine.