Microsoft SQL Server 6.5

edited March 2020 in Product Comments

Microsoft SQL Server 6.5

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hi Duff. Don't know if you're aware, but the download mirrors for SQL Server 6.5 aren't working. I can download from elsewhere on the site, just not from here.

• Everything works. As long as you are using Firefox, at least.

• Hi everyone,

How to Obtain SQL Server 6.5 Post Service Pack 5a (6.50.479) ? which is some fixes that comes after service pack 5a.

6.50.416 SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 5a

6.50.479 Post Service Pack 5 Update (i'm looking for this update)

Thanks for your help.

• 6.0 and 6.5 versions of this current fail to download giving an error page "ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION"
  • edited November 2020
    Everything works fine for me. Since you didn't tell us what OS and browser you are running, I'm going to assume you are running Windows 95 and Seamonkey 1.1 just like me, because why wouldn't everyone else?

Edit: Just for you, I blew the dust of that awful Windows 10 test box... holy crap, another bug in Google Chrome. It is so fragile, it can't deal with commas in file names. I thought they fixed that bug years ago. I don't know why that crummy web browser is so popular. Just use Firefox FFS, although I wish there were still other choices.
  • 6.5 version with no SP seems to have issues. Tested on NT4 SP6, it starts to install, gets as far as "Setting up the initial configuration" then freezes and never recovers. I left it running for 4 hours and it was still frozen. As a test I tried installing v6.0 and 6.5 SP3, both took about 2 minutes to do the same thing.