Paint Shop Pro 5.0.0 beta 2.3 hidden graphic

Found this on an old warez CD. Was looking around inside the main psp.exe, found the beta build number, and the usual splash and about screens. And then this other, unusual one. Will upload to archive.org soon.

Comments

• That's an awesome Easter Egg find! I'm probably more giddy over it than 99.9% of the people here because I still use versions of Jasc Paint Shop Pro all the way back to 5.01

I use more modern stuff of course, but for 85% of my workload, it's my absolute most reliable workhorse. When Corel took it over it just, lost something.
  • I love how it showcases one of Jasc PSP's greatest flaws, the selection the cat was not Anti-Aliased and the transition between the cat and the green glow around it is horrendously jagged and pixilated. lmao. It was useless for some things, but for others it was by far the easiest to navigate and carry out. Mostly text-related stuff it still does as well if not better than many modern Graphic Design applications.
  • @duhpez

"the selection the cat was not Anti-Aliased and the transition between the cat and the green glow around it is horrendously jagged and pixilated. lmao".

Yup ! Kinda makes you wonder what they were thinking. Oh well. Just a part of how a one man shop/developer did things. And made it interesting.
  • I've never used version 5, but version 7 does antialias selections unless you uncheck the box to turn it off. I completely agree about it being one of the best image editors for about 85% of what you need to do. It's fast, lightweight, and easy to use.

Its especially useful for creating graphics for the web. Its GIF dither and palette options are the best I've seen.