Help Imaging 5.25" Disks

Hello, I recently bought two 5.25" disks, but I don't have a 5.25" drive to access them!

If I cover the shipping, would someone be willing to image them for me? I'm in California.

It's an old development library for DOS, I doubt anybody else is interested, but happy to archive them if anyone is!

I've been working on writing new addins and drivers for Lotus 1-2-3 (link if you're interested), and think this code might be helpful.

Here's a picture.

Comments

• To dump 5.25" diskette, It's necessary for you to buy 5.25" Floppy Drive (for IBM PC or compatible) and cable.

I recommend to use Super Card Pro (SCP) to dump disks on modern Windows PC.
    Because a few of disks has disk copy protection.
    So to dump disks correctly, SCP is best solution.
  • Hello taviso, I have an old PC AMD Athlon XP 2200+ with a 5.25 floppy. Currently running Linux. What imagining software would you use to backup those floppies?

• FerociousWW,

You can use the UNIX "dd" utility like so:
    dd if=/dev/fd0 of=fdimage.img
    Set "if" to the device file pertinent to the drive you intend to copy from (your floppy drive in this case) and "of" to whatever path and filename you want for the image. Be careful not to get these reversed because it can overwrite and destroy the disk.
  • @asscastle
    Thank you, forgot about dd. 👍🤠
  • Many of disks are not copy protected.
    But if this is copy protected, it will be possible to dump the whole disk by SCP .