NT4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited April 2004 in Software
OMG IT WORKS N VPC. MY FAVORITE OS EVER S NOW ON MY COMPUTER...

I need a new version of IE... 2.0 just isnt working for me.

Comments

• QQ
    edited April 2007
    Get a new IE from the downloads page, or get Mozilla Firefox.

-Q
  • ...clap clap...

I'd just wait for an AOL CD to show up in the mail, and get IE 6 off that, or go around to a bank or something where they have the big box of "take me" AOL CD's then again, I have dialup...

Insert in drive, get to CD drive in Explorer. bring up taskman and kill the AOL Install prog.

Using the AOL Canada CD"s for example, you have folders called CA and CF. CF is French directory, CA is English. Move through the folders until you find the single exe MSIE file for your system, then install. (MSIE2k is for W2K, MSIE9X is 95/98, MSIENT is nt I think...)

I use Opera and Outlook XP for all of my internet needs (save my really old 486 Thinkpad 755, where I have Outlook 97).

IE is only good a couple times, but I like having the cool IE 6 icon on the desktop, and on 2k+ it helps out with the systeme and stuff.
  • At the moment I am downloading NT4 server, to install on my oc'ed Compaq 150@200mhz Pentium with 128mb RAM. I think it is a pretty good OS.
    I'm still searching for IBM OS/2 warp4, which is my personal favourite operating system. :D
  • Why would I wait all that time, when I'm on DSL? Hell I host the forum since I have just barely enough speed to.
  • Then go to Windows NT Workstation homepage, and download IE 6 SP1 right away!

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/

correction, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dow ... wnload.asp
  • Ive got SP6a with mozilla firefox...

IE is slow, and doesnt do things properly.
  • LoL!

Same here on XP, I have Firefox and Thunderbird. I've uninstalled OE and only use IE when it's absolutely neccisary.

-Q
  • What's Thunderbird do for you that Firefox or the original Mozilla's can't?
  • Firefox is standalone HTTP, it has NO mail capabilites (UNless you use webmail). Thunderbird is the other side of the coin.

The origional mozilla is bloated with crap that I"ll never use.

-Q
  • Exactly... and for some reason with me Firefox seems slightly faster than Mozilla too (at least the 1.6 version). And Mozilla takes so much longer to load ::(
  • I'd just wait for an AOL CD to show up in the mail, and get IE 6 off that, or go around to a bank or something where they have the big box of "take me" AOL CD's then again, I have dialup...

i have 3 boxes of millions of aol freebe cds, anyone need one!

hmm, i could really have some fun with these cds!
  • you gonna make a fish (or whatever it was) on your wall, with all those AOL CDs :angel:
  • Numbers21 wrote:
    you gonna make a fish (or whatever it was) on your wall, with all those AOL CDs :angel:

nah, but my spring break ends tomorow, i think i will take aol discs to school and shove them in lockers!
  • haha... i say hang them from the ceiling of one of the computer labs :angel:
  • Neither! Tell AOL what they can do with them!

http://nomoreaolcds.com/

-Q
  • Numbers21 wrote:
    haha... i say hang them from the ceiling of one of the computer labs :angel:

or i can put one in every computer at school! really piss the shitty tech dept. off
  • LOL.... that would look really hot at a computer show or open house.
  • Dr. Ping wrote:
    Numbers21 wrote:
    haha... i say hang them from the ceiling of one of the computer labs :angel:

or i can put one in every computer at school! really piss the shitty tech dept. off
    Or you can make a dress or suit out of them then walk around saying I AM THE AOL MASTER, and PRAISE ME, or Get someone to wear another ISP's cds and have a Duel
    THat would be pretty fun.........
  • good idea. Ill wear a couple Windows CD's, then youll wear some MAcOS CD's!
  • Hey i might actually try that....... at Harvey Norman and DSE they give free ISP cd's so i might tie them together and try it......... none open tomorrow cos it's sunday, maybe on monday though......