Windows 2.x 2.0

edited December 2017 in Product Comments

imageWindows 2.x 2.0

Read the full story here

Comments

• Yes there is Windows 2.00 Beta PC Magazines have review on it.

• Correct, It seems that a number of media outlets and probably developers had Windows 2.x pre-releases, however none have been publicly archived yet.

Logically, a "regular" Windows 2.01 should also exist. We do have 2.01/386.

Additionally, Windows 2.02 did exist but was very short lived. A Windows 2.02/386 box was spotted on eBay some years back.

• @SomeGuy said:
    Correct, It seems that a number of media outlets and probably developers had Windows 2.x pre-releases, however none have been publicly archived yet.

Logically, a "regular" Windows 2.01 should also exist. We do have 2.01/386.

Additionally, Windows 2.02 did exist but was very short lived. A Windows 2.02/386 box was spotted on eBay some years back.

I think I found regular 2.01 somewhere on old-dos, but I couldn't find it. The only thing I have now is a VM.

• edited August 2019

I believe regular 2.01 (aka /286) was used for the runtime that's included with Excel 2.00.

As for 2.02, I've seen it listed in magazine ads from November 1987, but that alone doesn't entirely convince me.

• There had been a "2.02/386" on eBay a number of years back. But stupidly, I didn't save photos. They showed the version label on the bottom, and it read "2.02" instead of the usual "2.03".

• That's pretty interesting.

• Windows 2.xx was Microsoft modest success story than Windows 1.xx. Windows 1.xx was seen as flop unlike Windows 2.xx or Windows 3.xx.

• edited December 2019

please upload a korean windows 2.03

• Put it on my middle school Chromebook on top of MS-dos and the IT dude like had a heart attack

• This is where the ''Windows'' name, took it's shape.

• Is this where the first Spanish version of Windows came?

• edited September 2020
    @kk777 There is no Korean Windows 2.03! The first release of Korean Windows is 2.1.
  • No, the first Korean release of Windows was 3.00.
  • @vlad557776 Do you still have that VM?
  • Can you guys add windows 2.01 compaq OEM ?(not to be confused with windows 2.1)
  • @DoodlerNitro501 It is already there, see "Windows 386".
  • > Put it on my middle school Chromebook on top of MS-dos and the IT dude like had a heart attack

Yeah I dont think id like it either if you installed ms-dos and windows 2.0 on a school chromebook lmfao
  • Hey yall, If you want to install using only 3 Disks, use this pack I made. No this isn't Microsoft official.
    https://archive.org/details/windows-2.03-3.5-inch-high-density-floppy-pack