(OFFER) Windows Vista games for Windows XP/ReactOS

Yes as the title implies, they were ported to XP a while back. The version I am willing to offer are not the mentioned versions, but the real Vista ones with Alky for Applications.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzk97ireapMTLS12Q1FmZThMZmM

The ones i mentioned that were ports are not very smooth and are difficult to source.
Is it obscure? yeah.

With time, I think these will run under ReactOS, an open source clone of Windows XP/Server 2003 as they target newer Windows compatibility as time goes on.

Comments

• edited September 2019

I don't think they should be posted here because they are non-redistributable files given that they are part of a product considered non-redistributable on WinWorld. The ones from an RC would be acceptable though.

But anyway, you can run Vista InkBall in Windows 2000 with extended kernel, though the menu bar is missing. I tried Tinker but it crapped out when calling IsProcessorFeaturePresent (I guess it assumed no SSE2 even though the extended kernel has made the OS SSE2-optimized).

Meanwhile, W7 Minesweeper and Mahjong Titans (same as in Vista) rely on three functions that do exist in win2k, but were moved from advapi32 to kernel32 so it gets confused. I found an easy way to redirect functions so I hope to get it working better soon.

• There weren't any changes from build 5840 to 6001 in terms of how the games functioned though. Alky for Applications works a treat though in getting them to run properly and actually smoothly. If they're unable to be uploaded here, then that is fine. Let the post with the link give them access if they're curious. The Windows Sidebar installer in the archive in particular came from Alky's website themselves, I just ripped the old Microsoft Games from an old Vista install.

• @win32 said:
    I don't think they should be posted here because they are non-redistributable files given that they are part of a product considered non-redistributable on WinWorld. The ones from an RC would be acceptable though.

But anyway, you can run Vista InkBall in Windows 2000 with extended kernel, though the menu bar is missing. I tried Tinker but it crapped out when calling IsProcessorFeaturePresent (I guess it assumed no SSE2 even though the extended kernel has made the OS SSE2-optimized).

Meanwhile, W7 Minesweeper and Mahjong Titans (same as in Vista) rely on three functions that do exist in win2k, but were moved from advapi32 to kernel32 so it gets confused. I found an easy way to redirect functions so I hope to get it working better soon.

Can this method you speak of be used to run Chess Titans on Windows 2000 with the aformentioned kernel? Sounds interesting indeed.

• @win32 said:

Of course iplay made those versions of the Windows Games if memory serves, which aren't available anywhere else.

• Out of sheer curiosity, I've decided to have this for my WinXP VM but, upon trying to run the Alky installer, I get this error:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
    This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.

A little bit of help, please?

• You must have installed the April 2019 update. So, do this:

start -> run: regsvr32 MSI.DLL, then regsvr32 MSIHND.DLL and then regsvr32 MSISIP.DLL

You can also do the DLL registering from the command prompt.

• Ah yes, I completely forgot I installed that update a while back. Silly me! I did what you've told me to do, and now the installer loaded up as it should :)

However, upon installation and patching each of the games under the "Patch and run Vista executable", I'm sad to say that all of them refused to run right after that was done, under different conditions.

Purble Place, FreeCell, Hearts, Soltaire, Spider Solitaire
    - XINPUT9_1_0.dll missing
    Chess, Mahjong
    - procedure entry point "wcstombs_s" not found in dynamic link library "vmsvcrt.dll"
    Minesweeper
    - procedure entry point "mbstombs_s" not found in dynamic link library "vmsvcrt.dll"
    Inkball
    - app doesn't start, but no error message

I may need further assistance.

• You should try installing the DirectX 9.0c June 2010 runtime. That has XINPUT9_1_0.dll in it.

I don't know about the other three.

• I managed to obtain its installer from the Microsoft site (after searching for it via Google first). However, it dumped lots of archives on a specified folder and there was many of them dated June 2010, but I did see an installer for DirectX itself amongst them. This had included that missing DLL file but upon reaccessing these certain games that needed it, they still won't open (and therefore the same as the Inkball issue).

If this may solve my issue further, here are the following archives prefixed with "June 2010" (and come in both x86 and x64 versions, but in my case it'd be the former):

Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43
    Jun2010_d3dcsx_43
    Jun2010_d3dx9_43
    Jun2010_d3dx10_43
    Jun2010_d3dx11_43
    Jun2010_XACT
    Jun2010_XAudio

• The XInput files should automatically be copied to system32 when the installer is run on Windows XP.

But I'm not sure about the other issues as I have never used Alky.

• edited December 2022

I cannot download this file of install "windows vista games for windows XP"! what new? :( :frowning::cry: 😢😭

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzk97ireapMTLS12Q1FmZThMZmM