I need somethin to REMOVE IE! (Evil laugh!)

edited August 2004 in Software
Ok, i need somethin to REMOVE IE! (Evil laugh)

people had told me that litepc screws things up, so any suggestions, downloads, cracks, etc... :evil:

Comments

• Q should know what to do here!
  • Well, I doubt that you want a Q Special, so I suggest that you get XP/2000lite (http://litepc.com/). It has options to remove many Windows parts, alot of which to nothing onther then annoy and compromise.

-Q
  • i got 2k lite and shit for it and...

BANG! Internet Explorer, BANG! internet connection wizard, BANG outlook express (evil laugh!)

BANG, uh oh , solitare (speak to me, ohh no!) (not really, stilll got him!)

And fish, my system tray works just fi
  • HMmm I heard it screwed XP's...
  • Don't forget Windwos Scripting Host, Windows Addr Book, and many others.

-Q
  • Its just easyer to remove IE by hand since NT4 comes with IE2, Just delete the IE folder and clean the registry.
  • Note: He's in 2000Svr, not NT4. And I don't even think that 2000lite will work in NT4.

-q
  • Q wrote:
    Note: He's in 2000Svr, not NT4. And I don't even think that 2000lite will work in NT4.

-q

ok, 1st, i dont think that there is a litepc thing for winnt

2nd. i would highly recommend keeping ie, i removed it, and it worked perfectly, but then i see that i must use ie to play my sattillite radio online. its like one of those things that u do and it comes right back at u and bites u in the ass!
  • Hmmm.... maybe I should remove IE now that I'm a Mozilla fan!
  • I don't recommend removing it. There are some problems it can cause, and it's not like it's bothering anything just sitting there. (and the icons can be easily removed) Doesn't use much space, so I don't see the point in removing it. Besides, then it's there in the event that you run across a lousy site that you need to access for some reason that refuses to work in anything else.
  • Hmmm.... maybe I should remove IE now that I'm a Mozilla fan!

dont, it worked for me, but it came back at me and "bit me in the ass".

chances are u will find a website that u need that will only work in ie. (happened to me)
  • Anyone see the (5th or so) latest cumulative IE update?

Microsoft has identified a flaw in the Internet Explorer that could enable an attacker to read files or run programs on a computer used to view the attacker's Web site. This vulnerability affects computers that have Microsoft
  • Have any of you heard of Mozilla FireFox? I have yet to come across a site it can't access/use/load.
  • Yes, we've all heard of it and we (most of us) use it.

-Q
  • Using Firefox now! Doubt I'll be able to let go of IE for awhile, don't worry, guys.
  • Q wrote:
    Anyone see the (5th or so) latest cumulative IE update?

Microsoft has identified a flaw in the Internet Explorer that could enable an attacker to read files or run programs on a computer used to view the attacker's Web site. This vulnerability affects computers that have Microsoft
  • Ok, this seems very odd, why/how could an attacker be able to do stuff on another persons computer when IE is installed and using a different browser? That seems strange, and I don't understand that.
  • Neither do I, but you know MS/IE...

-Q
  • Yea I don't like it either, unless it's opened ports or something else...

You've got me really wondering, HTF is that possible?

-Q
  • I just saw your post from April about this a few days ago. Guess it slipeed on me.
  • most of the ports on my computer are closed. I don't think that IE could break through my firewall. I hope the one built into XP don't open up the port for IE though.
  • No, what you open is open. Whats not open will not be opened later on randomly
  • I don't THINK IE opens ports, maybe they just said that to scare you into installing it...

-Q
  • Just get a port scanner and run it
  • That's not the point.

-Q
  • go to www.grc.com and run a scan on all sercive ports....
  • IE doesn't open ports, OK? THe question is how can IE affed you even if you don't use it? I think it's that there's some vulnerability in IE that apps can exploit...

-Q
  • I tried to remove IE with XPLite, but it did not do it... :(