OFFER!!!... Skymatter Mudbox 1.0.6 Win32... Last Version of Skymatter Before Selling Out....

YUP... Version 1.0.7 was an 'ChOkE' autobloat product...

Then disappeared for a year or two whilst redoing it then became Autodesk Mudbox 2009, Well you know the rest...

The wonderful aspect of the Skymatter version is that it works on ANY graphics card... Of course if you don't have much video RAM you will be limited in polygon count...

Autodesk also took out the ability of local subdivisions & being able to stream subd level layers to disc for better memory management... All for the better I'm sure, Let's not leave the important stuff in there...

Very simple GUI much better than confusing Zbrush & has 'actual' 3D viewports not the simulated kind. Has layers that Zbrush 2 did not have at the time but caught up to in version 3...

When autobloat came out with the 2009 thing you had to have a nVidia card or a real good ATI for mudbox to work at all...

Now this mudbox is SCULPTING ONLY...You can assign materials and you can render displacement or normal maps to be used on low-poly models in other apps but that is all...Simple, Simple...

Pass is WinWorld

https://workupload.com/start/2rGvQ8djnpA

OR

https://send.cm/d/gLF2

OR

https://www.upload.ee/files/15747159/SKYMTTRMDBXP106.rar.html

Problems with file hosters lately... Anonfiles belly-up... Sendspace crashes browser now whilst uploading & Ufile.io starts an upload then 'quits' a few minutes later...

Comments

• GOD man I have been looking for this software for ages. This is the old version WITHOUT the launcher. God bless you
  • You are welcome Karnak!!... Yes, this the GOOD Mudbox with local subdivisions & being able to stream SubD layers to disc for better mem management... but big one is being able to use on virtually any video card...

I have all vid tuts on this as well that were made... I'll probably upload the best ones in near future...
  • edited October 2023
    This is epic! thanks a lot, I will try it out :)
    there's no documentation with it ... I couldn't figure out the camera.
    It's like scuptris, but I think scuptris is probably better
  • You must be having an 'Off Night'...

The manual is included from version 1.0.3-

The navigation is like Maya use the 'ALT' button along with mouse buttons...

Since having used both it is way better than Sculptris... Mudbox sculpts Quads, Sculptris sculpts Triangles (Sculp-Tris)...Sculptris cannot produce normal or displacement maps from high resolution sculpt to be used in OTHER program on low-poly model. Mudbox has sculpt 'layers' that can be adjusted very cool & revolutionary in 2006 until Zbrush had same in Zbrush 3 in 2007. Sculptris don't have that. Mudbox like Zbrush uses also alphas for stamping & stencils in very cool ways... I could go on & on...

You can go way higher polys in this Mudbox than Sculptris via streaming sculpt data to disc. Sculptris very heavy on OpenGL plus has no such option...

Sculptris is a neat 'toy' & has paint that's cool especially when INSIDE Sculptris but Mudbox was designed to work with other 3D app it's actually spawned from WETA Dudes who were working on LOTR at the time & first used on 2005 movie King Kong...

OK... I'll pretend this conversation never happened...
  • OK Now... One can get 'edjacated' which is great to prevent premature ejaculation...

Digital Tutors - Intro to Mudbox 1.0.5-

No Pass

https://send.cm/d/gSas

OR

https://ufile.io/b1y94seu

And remember that Mudbox proved itself in major movie BEFORE it was even Mudbox then was bought up by AutoBloat at EARLY version 1.0.6...

Karnak can find same in usual spot...
  • edited October 2023
    hahahaha, your right, I was off, way off! I didn't see the rar file!!! :anguished:
    I remember looking there and seeing the MudboxNetworkManager_clmd and wondering what all that does... and lost my train of thought :scream::scream::scream:

Thanks for explaining how this mudbox is better then suptris, TBH I haven't used either much... so yes I am very much ignorant when it comes to this stuff, thanks for correcting me!

That tutorial is great! Just started watching it.
    This old mudbox is very simple and cool, I think it would fit nicely after my MarbleClay low poly and sub D modeling :lol:

Edit: like you said, it has low poly texture baking! Excellent!
    I was wondering how to get low poly models from high res ones, but I started seeing how hard it is, so I think it would be better to work in low poly and creating the high poly model, and with this tool it provides the answer!

Thanks a lot man! This stuff is really really great! :)
  • Great Going then Garcia... OK, Back on Track...

Yes, Procedure for most is make your model in low-poly in your fav package (Max, Maya, LW, Etc) and UV map it... Save, export OBJ, into Mudbox sculpt, sculpt then bake the normal and-or displace maps then back into original app using maps on the low-poly cage...

For whatever reason there was not a manual for the 1.0.6 but I found one in the 1.0.3 version...

Good stuff & well laid out makes Zbrush look wonky...