I need Windows NT 4 Server

edited July 2004 in Software
Hi I need windows nt 4 server and the download link is not working. But accident I deleted windows nt 4 server on my friends hp netserver lh pro and now he is really mad at what I did and I need to get this right away and the link on your site is not working. Can someone please send me a working link to download windows nt 4 server thanks.

Comments

• if i can find a copy that i had, i could send it to you over aim
  • Do you have AIM? I could send it to you.
  • You Emailed WinWorld about that too! Check your Email, it has the info.

-Q
  • Damn that would suck. Hope everything gets straightened out for you and your friend.
  • yea, I hope you straighten it out with your friend too.
    BTW- How did u delete NT4 Server?
  • He said he deleted it off his mates svr. so he was probally messing around with it :P
  • As for me, I like more Windows NT 4 Server Enterprise Edition. I think NT 4 Standard Server is not stable and I recommend Enterprise to everyone.
  • oh ohhh! Where can you get the enterprise server? That sounds neat!
  • What's the difference? < NEWBIE > I think it's just licensing... < / NEWBIE >

-Q
  • lmao! its probally just $20 more expensive!
  • Ohhhh..... ok
  • lol, i don't see why you need the server versions.....
  • LOL, you people just think you need to have "Server" in the name becuase its a server.

Unless you NEED all the advanced networking components and extra processor support (WS does like...4)
  • lol! ibm has a point there dam n00bs who actually think that
  • the guy who the server belongs to may need those things besides it makes sense to replace like for like......
  • LOL, you people just think you need to have "Server" in the name becuase its a server.

Unless you NEED all the advanced networking components and extra processor support (WS does like...4)

No, actually in my opinion, well-tuned servers run faster than workstations. I think they have better multitasking or sth///
  • Slash wrote:
    LOL, you people just think you need to have "Server" in the name becuase its a server.

No, actually in my opinion, well-tuned servers run faster than workstations. I think they have better multitasking or sth///

Dont know. I did 2003 and XP and they ran the same, but they are based on different shit. Its not like NT svr vs. WS.

As for NT4, I only use svr becuase I am too lazy to burn the WS ISO which is still on my 2nd partition
  • I prefer NT4 WKS just for its bootscreen! :)
  • LOL, I think I got a PC with NT4 WS...not sure. Probly server. I dont notice a speed increase.
  • server's more stable anyways
  • I really don't think there's a kernel/stability difference between them, why would MS do THAT?

-Q
  • cos server are on like 24/7 workstations generally aren't
  • That's because people restart Workstations.

-Q
  • where i used to work they turned off all the workstations at the end of the day.
  • talking of NT server anyone know anything about enterprise server?
  • Same here.

-Q
  • BOD wrote:
    talking of NT server anyone know anything about enterprise server?

Nope. Don't know anything about it.
  • know where to get it. Ask Fish.