Slugsfull of Monitors!

QQ
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I just got to very sluggy monitors:

AppleVision 16.1"
IBM Colour CGA something (Forgot what the badge says)

-Q

Comments

• errrr IBM 5153?

3 knobs = PC-XT 5153
    2 knobs = IBM PC
  • QQ
    edited July 2004
    It's just a monitor, it doesn't have any machine to it.

And the AppleVision is a 1710. And yes, it's a "Road Apple".

-Q
  • I got monitors lating around

Magnovox CGA/MONO/EGA/Green EGA Combo
    IBM PZ\2 Std. VGA
    CTX 14", this one sucks, there black spaces on the sides and when I go into another res. they get bigger
    15" Digital, this works good, but the white sometimes has a rainbow shadow becuase of magnet damaged
  • I have 13 monitors laying around. I noticed that Apple monitors are better. Get more Hz and crap.
  • I have too many. I think this IBM monitor might be going in the trash because the Red is fucked up on it.

Nice to see your avatar back, TCP. I just noticed it.

Also this Sony Trinitron may be going south. It's either it or the video port on the mobo.
  • I have too many. I think this IBM monitor might be going in the trash because the Red is fucked up on it.

Nice to see your avatar back, TCP. I just noticed it.

Also this Sony Trinitron may be going south. It's either it or the video port on the mobo.

well try the sony on a diff. pc.
  • I should, but it's in the living room and there's not another PC in there and I'm too lazy. I may just put in a vid card and see if that helps.
  • I should, but it's in the living room and there's not another PC in there and I'm too lazy. I may just put in a vid card and see if that helps.

either way, cuz isint the sony the good monitor?
  • I have a really good Sony that I actually paid money for. This is one I found. In total, there are 3 Sony monitors.
  • You could probly fix the red problem by opening it up and adjusting the settings manually. I had one monitor that the digital settings fucked up every time I rebooted, so I just opened it up and set everything by hand
  • Hmmm... I could try. It is a pretty nice monitor, made in 1999 or so. It gets kind of hot, though.
  • Could also be the plus or a loose cable.

The wire that carrys the red signal may be damaged
  • Check OSD, it might of been set to low.

-Q
  • It has like no OSD.

EDIT: After it being off for a while, I just giggled the mouse to the box it's on and the little "Red Hat" is now Red, not an icky gray, like before. Have to see how long this lasts!
  • LOL, monitor revived!

I have a monitor which the brightness was screwed a bit, I turned it on day, and it was normal brightness @ 100% turned up.

I opened it and made just a bit more brighter vie the manual contrals

Its the same monitor as the one with fucked up digital contrals. The external briteness was contral via knob as to the internal contrals