We seem to be back for good (hopefully)

edited August 2004 in News & Announcements
OK, so I setup everything on Mr. Clean's 1337 server. Its only a 500MHz, but its FAR faster than the 400MHz was. Now that he has 384KBps upload I figured it may work better. But, if we get ANOTHER error, that means that theres something wrong with our SQL files, which I DONT know how to fix. We'll just have to hope this works.

Comments

• FINALLY! YaY!

-Q
  • There will be nightly backups. And since its on MrClean, it should be good, he NEVER gets problems, EVER.
  • Yay! Maybe MrC will be a permanent host, since you say he NEVER gets errors?

Hope the SQL isn't fuqued...
  • Yay! Maybe MrC will be a permanent host, since you say he NEVER gets errors?

Hope the SQL isn't fuqued...

Hes untill I figure out some things with MySQL, and get a new motherboard eventually. But untill then, Im going to host some of the downloads instead of the forum.
  • Good I'm glad this board is back. The trio of Fish, Q, and MrClean really do a cracka jack job. lol.
  • It was annoying as hell to try fixing it. Finally I just took the old backup and used it on Mr. Cleans server. As of tomorrow, I'm going to backup the forum daily. Actually, tomorrow morning I will, but right now Im on a system that cant remote desktop to Mr.Clean. But I dont think much can happen overnight.
  • cracka? lol, you must be from NJ!

My server upgrade project has been annoying, too. Argh.
  • http://k6fish.sytes.net:81/winworld/for ... file&u=103

Yea I think so.

Anyway, for this one all I did was have the old backup that we used the 1st time.

I think I'll end up being the offsite backup repository.

-Q
  • Haha. Yea, I knew he was from NJ, too.
  • haha yep i am...

anyway the only annoyance i had with this forum is i had to resignup 2 times! lol.
  • OK, so I setup everything on Mr. Clean's 1337 server. Its only a 500MHz, but its FAR faster than the 400MHz was.
    Thank you Mr. Clean. You were our only hope for a
    quick solution. Great job.
    Thump
  • It is going kinda slow to send data right now I've noticed, but it could just be someone downloading off his server, slowdowns should NOT last long.
  • Seems fine now.
  • well thats good news...it should all go uphill from now.
  • I'm not hosting forever, Fish'll host asap, but i don't think i have to worry about server stress, nobody ever goes to my site
  • Yeah, Im in the middle of testing this Athlon, I just need to be sure it can HANDLE it.
  • Having MrClean host it was a great alternative to not having WinBoards at all due to Fish's gay power company.
  • actually, we have the same power company, i think he's just on a bad circuit of theirs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file