Intranet Server

edited August 2004 in Software
I was bored lastnight and built a Intranet Server. If you're wondering what a Intranet is its a small privte internet. It's basicly a LAN with a HTTPD, FTP, etc etc etc... Other people can connect to it though VPN. After I finish it i'll give you guys a login to try it out.

Comments

• Intranet is an internal network with services that are commonly availible on the Inet too.

-Q
  • yeah like the one our school has...only one problem they use IIS argh....
  • I used IIS a day ago, but now I'm not! That sucks. Apache is far better.
  • Slash wrote:
    I used IIS a day ago, but now I'm not! That sucks. Apache is far better.

www.apache-gui.com

if you have trouble configuring apache servers, use their apacheconf.
  • apache;'s easy once you get the hang of it....
  • I bought a book today called The Complete Network Upgrade & Maintence Guide and it has a whole chapter basicly dising IIS and telling how great Apache is.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    I bought a book today called The Complete Network Upgrade & Maintence Guide and it has a whole chapter basicly dising IIS and telling how great Apache is.

w00t w00t, if iis is soo good as ms says why do more people use apache?
  • ANd why does IIS get defaced more?

-Q
  • edited August 2004
    MS software is just like swiss cheese, full of holes.
  • That was supposed to be a rhetorical question...

-Q
  • hole.gif

need i say more.
  • I know why. MS has like 50 programmers workong on IIS and everyone of them know only so much. Not every programer knows the whole C++ languge. Anyway with the opensource world that are millions of programers working togetther on one program and soon they end up with some real stable code. All it takes is someone to download the source and play with it and find a flaw then fix it and send it back to the maker or pass it on for the next person to find a flaw to fix. Unlike MS they keep the source to them selfs and when they find a problem they fix it but also miss like over 200 problems they over looked or havn't gotten to. This is MS's down fall.
  • GEH! We ALL knew that.

-Q