Windows XP SP2

edited August 2004 in Software
Well here it comes. There is a 266MB networjk install that I am downloading... anyways I can't believe it, but IE has a popup blocker! (Finally, but still I am not going to use it)

Anjyways, I have found out that there are about 30 programs that SP2 has conflicts. Anyways, here is the link for info for SP2 that even has the download link.

http://www.microsoft.com/sp2preview

There even is a security control panel

Just posing this for information for those who are looking for SP2 (Final Release)

Comments

• I like SP2.

Haven't had any problems with SP2.
  • I hate XP, and am having nothing to do with SP2! And, like TcH, it'll take ALOT to get me to use IE again.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I hate XP, and am having nothing to do with SP2! And, like TcH, it'll take ALOT to get me to use IE again.

-Q

I'm not using IE.
  • IE is far behind all the other browsers. I will have to stay on all night to get SP2, but I will stripline it into a new XP CD (using nLite)
  • Q wrote:
    I hate XP, and am having nothing to do with SP2! And, like TcH, it'll take ALOT to get me to use IE again.

-Q

haha Q is a 2000 user like me (woot)

-_- for i deleted ie off my desktop its dead to me
  • Windows 2000 is still the best! But I will never install SP2 on XP. It forces me to install ie6. It sucks.
  • Ok, I just installed SP2 to my laptop with integrated wireless, and I found out creating an AD-HOC netwiorkj is pretty easy, and SP2 has this new security panel. Other than that, nothiong is new. Lemme install it to the rest of my XP computers in my house and then try my computer last.
  • I will install the final release when it comes out, only on our Family PC. I dont usually install updates on my pc (when functional) but the SP's i think are a must if u like want up-to-date compatability.
    Ps. I Crave over my 2k, 2k Kicks ass Over XP,
  • Isn't it a final release, that was just released?
  • Just released as of a week ago I believe...

What I found annoying is the pop-up block and security center in the system tray. But I disabled it. lol.

Internet Explorer has a pop-up blocker, Add-on manager but its horrible. Hey Microsoft, fix your damn security holes. Just because they somewhat "improved" IE, I'm still using Firefox.
  • im gonna leave this one... sounds like its gonna slow me down even more