NT4 workstation with sp4+

13»

Comments

• Bah, fuck that then.

I was told it would work
  • Bah, fuck that then.

I was told it would work

If i compress every single file, and put them in the right locations, it will probly work.

Im gonna do that. but with sp6.

Anyone know of a good unzipper for dos.
  • is there actually any compression or is it just that the extension is changed? If so...renaming them is all that's needed, which is still a pain...
  • Yes theres compression, the _ means its a CAB file
  • so renaming the extension would not work, it has to be compressed.

One more thing...IBM, I've been looking at your avatar all day and it still freaks me out...
  • Some time I'm going to try and mix SP6 into a copy of NT4 workstation. I can compress all of the files and put them in the right places. I just hope I don't have to end up editing a shit load of INI and INF files.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Some time I'm going to try and mix SP6 into a copy of NT4 workstation. I can compress all of the files and put them in the right places. I just hope I don't have to end up editing a shit load of INI and INF files.

im doing that right now.
  • maybe if this comes to work, I think that we all would know MS's secret in integrating a SP into an OS.
  • I think theres a 3rd party program that can integerate it, may need to find it
  • So far it is working out. I only made it able to get to 62% when it installs. I get some file type errors or missing files.
  • well..keep at it, I suppose I will also try again. Hey replace the atapi.sys with the updated one also, see if that works.
  • alright.... this partition magic for dos thing does not work. I tried copying all of it to a cd and it did not boot. I put them onto two separate floppy images and they still can not boot. I guess I'll try to make my own.
  • Hmmm... why? For me that was no problem!
  • why not give me your floppy images then?