Sigx crazy!!

BODBOD
edited August 2004 in Software
summits rong with sigx on my comp.

it reckonds ive downloaded 4gb in 3 hours which isnt possible on my DSL connection (512k), it aslo reckons ive uploaded twice that

any ideas??

Comments

• No idea. It gets it from something else on your computer. Maybe its just being stupid...
  • SigX tends to do that. SigX doesn't even display one of my computer's CPU/RAM/NETWORK correctly.
  • it used to do it properly, until a couple of says ago and it started to go AWOL
  • That network thing is notoriously erroneous.
  • and it can never recognise intel CPUs properly
  • My sigx isn't working for already 2 weeks. It says "Failed to update" I dunno why..
  • i get that a lot as well
  • It seems to be displaying everything right on mine. Even the network thing.
  • i get like %*&$
  • That's what I'm talking about.

I get like all this crap @ 2500 MHz even though its a Pentium MMX @ 200 MHz
  • on the jaza client it says like 197847983246MHZ!!!!!!!!!!1
  • My Longhorn is detected in SigX as "Unknown Windows System"
  • P4's it manages fine, but remember my fileserver SigX? It said that weird shit, like BOD's did. Now I just get an err msg that sig.exe caused an error or whatever it is in 2000...
  • i said screw sigx a while ago.
    it doesnt see amd processors correctly too, and i had problems with it trying to display my disk space, it kept saying drive Z:/ 99998898768 mb free 0 used when thats not even possible, it called my athlon a #$^$#@20808 ghz, and my resulation @ 100x4000. last week i uninstalled it because it was fucking up my entire system. explorer kept crashing, internet disconnecting after update, etc.

SIGX SUCKS ASS!!!
  • Heh. We should go back to the Visual Basic version.
  • Roger wrote:
    Heh. We should go back to the Visual Basic version.

You recommend VB version over C++ version?
  • it reckonds ive downloaded 4gb in 3 hours which isnt possible on my DSL connection (512k),
    Anything is possible! I downloaded 11.5MByte/Sec on 3Mbit line.
  • No, C++ version is better than VB I think...
  • VB never gave me problems. It may be slower, but it never gave me any problems.
  • VB one closes completly when u clik the "x" instead u have to minimize it
  • Once you minimize... it minimizes to the tray. So you can just forget about it . You know, you don't have to go back to the VB version if you don't want to. It's just a suggestion.
  • Yeah, I've noticed that too...
  • i think ill stay on the C++ version
  • I have no problems with my C++ version, but VB version often caused a "run-time error"
  • VB doesnt always work on 2000 for me
  • After I reinstalled Windows I've decided to give up on SigX for awhile, it's not really doing anything for me and it makes the page load slower for people like Slash.

-Q
  • Sometimes SigX even fails to update information. Because traffic is fully used by a download manager.