Have someone used BETA as your primary OS?

edited August 2004 in Software
So? Have you used it?

Comments

• no not really, i would rather use the final version of the product, if i wanna use a beta ill install it in VPC
  • NEVER. And I never will.
  • betas arent stable enough to use as a main os
  • Never. It's not stable enough and its still too buggy and most programs are compatable with it yet for it too run smoothly.

Its good on a 2nd or 3rd..etc PC for just playing around wiith.
  • Stableness isnt an excuse. Ive use betas many of times and they run just fine.

Ive ran Chicago in place of WFWG, NT5 Beta-1 in place of NT4, and Cairo in place on NT 3.51
  • Many of times...yes but as your PRIMARY OS?
  • Yes, but not on my primary PC
  • I ran Chicago 73 as a primary OS for 3 weeks on FrosT's old 386 CPU.
  • Stableness isn't an excuse, it's a reason not to use it as a PRIMARY OS. I don't feel like relying on a beta to help my needs and never to crash because as a beta, its more than likely too.
  • I never used a beta OS, but my BIOS version is a beta. but it is as stable as a final version. Its the last version that was made for my Asus P2B-f mainboard.
    I have bios version 1014-BETA003 ACPI
    I needed it to fix ACPI problems with windows XP.
  • Hmmm... that's easy... Just use non-ACPI kernel in Windows XP
  • Hey! I've forgot that FrosT (OpenNet) uses Longhorn 4051 as his primary OS!
  • Slash wrote:
    Hey! I've forgot that FrosT (OpenNet) uses Longhorn 4051 as his primary OS!

i knew it was longhorn!
  • FrosT isn't on WinBoards...

-Q
  • shit nevermind..lol
  • You're probably thinking of Nemo, who is on here occasionally.

-Q
  • A Beta OS as the primary? When MS releases a version of windows it is still a Beta. Thats why windows is still unstable and MS makes patches and updates all the damn time. That's how I see it as.
  • Fine then, OFFICAL beta.

-Q
  • Windows is NOT unstable, and is NOT a beta... Explain your theory of how its unstable, and why all PC manufactures use windows. Explain it... If you dont respond to this, that just says "OK I dont know what Im talking about."

Betas are not supposed to be used as the main OS. Ive used Neptune, Chicago, etc in VPC, but I would NEVER use them as my main OS... Well, maybe Neptune, because its so good, but XP Pro is the way to go!
  • windows is bad to start off with, but once u disable some stuff and change a few settings its stable