Best DOS game *EVER*

QQ
edited September 2004 in Software
Fish can attest to this.

http://www.bluemoon.ee/history/skyroads/index.html

If you have DOS sound, turn it on! Incredible sound, graphix, play...

Unfortunately the company went on to make FastTrack, the worlds WORST P2P protocol.

-Q

PS. It should also be noted that they released their old SkyRoads as Freeware! @ least they beleive in ABW!

Comments

• SKYROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thats a dos game?!? man thats not bad at all!
  • Beautiful....
  • it sure is...it sure is
  • Ooh, luvley jubley!
  • The best dos game in my opinion is Alleycat bij IBM. Talking about efficient programming...
    the games was about 40-60kb, and I could play it for hours!
  • ..really? i nver really had dos, but ive played like a 2 games , they were ok
  • Anybody ever played The Legacy Of The Ancients?
  • Skyroads is indeed one of the best DOS games I've ever played, but can be REALLY frustrating on the later levels...
  • Yea I have NEVER won Druidia, but it's still amazzing to play, look and listen, some of the levels are just... amazing, especially the Misty ones.

-Q
  • My favorite computer game, DOS or otherwise, is the CD-enhanced version of the original System Shock. It was the desire to setup this game on my current computer that had me looking for DOS-level mouse drivers, sound-card drivers, boot disks for this annoyingly configured Compaq Presario, and circuitously led me to find WinWorld ;)
  • HaH! A Crapaq Presario got you here! That's how I 1st got to WinVision, back in the day!

-Q
  • Yes it's a Compaq Presario running Windows Millennium --- but I don't seem to have anywhere near as much difficulty running ME or things in ME as I've heard other people talk about.
    What annoys me about the configuration is that Compaq did not give me system disks -- instead they backed up the boot partition to a save partition in some proprietary archiving format that I don't have an alternate method of reading -- so I can't reconfigure the drive until I have proper system disks to do a fresh install from .... well, now I just need my current application-data backed up ;)
  • I don't think that it's very hard to install and run, but it's NOT a seperate OS, it's just like 98 3rd edition. My Pres was running 98SE though, and they did that poor SYSTEM_SAV thing with the System Restore disks, POOR! That 98 install lasted for like 5 years before it and the machines died and were scrapped.

-Q
  • skyroads... brings back memories. i have a copy of this game somewhere since i played it alot when i was little. the graphics were best at its time for dosgames. too bad people now a days dont see the past as being important but as something to forget. i loved that game. i still do just i now cant get past the sattilite levels (damn im tired)
  • I've tried to install that thing on my friend's old AT286. It refused to run on it.
  • That's odd, what did it do when you tried to run it?

-Q
  • It showed me a TON of random ASCII crap.. :)