IBM has been banned

Comments

• Well, you're probably right (I hope).

But I definately thing SSH is right, he's going to hit SOO many dead ends with that attitude of his. I hope for everyones sake that he matures soon.

Slash: That's OK, I probably didn't word it too well. I don't have very many doubts as to your maturity ;)

-Q
  • lolol, thanks, Q
  • does this have anything to do with the broken ibmwarpster.ath.cx links in the downloads area? I have consistently seen "could not connect to server" messages across the last month regardless of what time of day I attempted (in case it was a problem of business-hours access)
  • Yes that was probablt his doing, and for that matter his server was pretty unreliable too. We ARE aware of that however and I'm redistriubting the downloads to other serverers.

-Q
  • and here I was about to edit my previous post to say that I have since looked at other boards here and seen that you are already aware of the broken links ....

and while I think of it, the windowsall/yahoo-briefcase links seem messed up also, and since I have four yahoo accounts (two of which are paidfor LOL ), if that's not because of yahoo having an issue with the file contents then I could set up under my accounts if someone could explain to me how to do it
  • Ask Jim, he's the resident Yahoo Breifcase expert.

-Q
  • would that be DevilsJim89 ?
  • Yes, that's him. When WinVision was ABW that's how he hosted downloads!

-Q
  • Damn... Why WinVision refused to host abandonware... That was the 2nd site i knew (after WinWorld)... but now it's devoted to XP *****
  • Yes, yahoo brieface is a decent solution to hosting abandonware. Each briefcase holds 30MB...but you can have as many briefcases you want...for free of course.

Around 2002, Yahoo disabled public access for the briefcases on free users. So what I did was I made accounts with abandonware in them and then I made some blank accounts that were "friends" of the accounts with abandonware in them.

Example:

Say I made a briefcase with Windows 3.1 in it
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/win3xfiles

Now I would make a new account with nothing in it
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/user1

I then go back to the win3xfiles briefcase and into the settings/options, id list "user1" as a friend who can view my briefcase. What this does is, you have to log in to user1 first and then from there, you can access win3xfiles. When you log in to user1, make sure you check the box that says "remember me" or "always keep me logged in" so you dont have to keep logging in to "user1" when you access "win3xfiles".

It also allows me to have access to "win3xfiles" so nobody can mess with the files and then I have a public password for "user1". Some people like to mess with the public account password, but everytime they change it, I can get the email and then get the password fixed.

I hope you understand the logic behind this. It took me awhile to think of this 2 years ago but its a good, decent method for someone who doesn't have a server to host their own files.

By the way, the accounts "user1" and "win3xfiles" aren't mine in real life, so don't try them out. lol.
  • Slash wrote:
    Damn... Why WinVision refused to host abandonware... That was the 2nd site i knew (after WinWorld)... but now it's devoted to XP *****

Why? Because it's illegal and nobody wants them anymore. I want to be more up to date with computers. I got tired of being known as an "abandonware" site.
  • Yea, I know what you mean.
  • ABW is il (tries to not say it) il.. ill. .. I didnt know that
  • Why do you think SBT disappears whenever someone says "I'm gonna tell MS!" ?

Anyway, we're not gonna go XP anyday soon.

-Q
  • WinVision has moved on to a different direction...than before, than WinWorld...I want bigger better things.
  • Yea, but ABW will always be there and will always be WinWorld (I mean, WinWorld as long as it's here will always be about ABW).

-Q
  • I sincerely hope that WinWorld will be fully devoted to abandonware, and will not come crazy with the beautifulness of Windows XP *****
  • Note:
    The "*****" means a bad word, it's so bad that I even don't want to write it.
  • write it anyway...dont worry bout it.
  • No, crazy XP fans will ping me and I will get my connection broken... lol
  • what is it tho? lol PM me the word and tell me what it means..
  • Is it Russian or English or neither?

-Q
  • Well, you all know my opinion about XP... so it isn't necessary to explain, I think.
    Piece of crap, BLOATWARE, that's all that I can say...

Sorry, XP fans... ;)
  • Slash wrote:
    Well, you all know my opinion about XP... so it isn't necessary to explain, I think.
    Piece of crap, BLOATWARE, that's all that I can say...

Sorry, XP fans... ;)
    slash, i agree with your opinion on xp. it is BLOATWARE. my athlon rus as slow as shit when i run xp and i constantly get memory_management errors.
    id also like to add that dells are shit when run XPlosion (or XPensive) our school got brand new dells last month and they are running like p100s at the moment. 10 minutes to fucking boot!!!
  • -_-

First off, XP runs just as good as 2000 if not better if your system has enough RAM and a good enough CPU.

Second, The Dells take long to boot becuase they use Celerons and stick in 128Mb of shared DDR.

Third, we've have been over this soooooooooooo many times. I mean, how many people here run Windows XP as a main OS? How many people complain constantly? None.........

PS: There is NO spyware in Windows XP, that is just lies that Linux people make up to convert people.
  • Hahaha... We have Dell Xeon's in IED and Mac G5's in Comp Apps... can't wait to try them out.

I think my homeroom has Dell Precisions, have to look at the badging.
  • Don't change the topic please.

Hacked changed the topic to XP being bad now I'm pointing out the lies of his post becuase noone else had the guts to.
  • -_-

First off, XP runs just as good as 2000 if not better if your system has enough RAM and a good enough CPU.

Second, The Dells take long to boot becuase they use Celerons and stick in 128Mb of shared DDR.

Third, we've have been over this soooooooooooo many times. I mean, how many people here run Windows XP as a main OS? How many people complain constantly? None.........

PS: There is NO spyware in Windows XP, that is just lies that Linux people make up to convert people.

Yep, your right on all of that there. As long as you have 256MB+, and an Athlon or Pentium, it should run without a problem.
  • One thing that I dont like is people saying how it sucks when its one of the best OS's out there. BUT people just let the anti-XP comments just pass by when they use XP themself...just..(fail)
  • Well check this...
    All over the world 90% of people use XP as their primary OS (I dunno why, but that's true).
    In Russia only 20% use XP because they can easily install cracked version of windows server 2003, or 2k.
    In rest world people install XP cuz it's cheap...
    and we don't mind that...
This discussion has been closed.