Well, over and out, I think...

QQ
edited September 2004 in News & Announcements
Well, my instinct has been good to me over the past so I'm gonna follow it again.

I'm leaving. The boards, the community, and probably the site.

The details will likely be worked between Fish and I sometime soon.

-Q

[Note: This happened ages ago and so noone gets confused, I'll say it here: This was AGES ago and I'm not leaving again (Or @least I'll post another topic before doing so)]

Comments

• (fail) Everyones leaving, is this what the board has came to?
  • Sorry to see you go Q youve been a great help and a very entertaining Admin. :)

Richard
  • You were a kick ass admin Q
  • Q, along with Roger, you guys were very respectable members. we would all miss you guys :'(
  • If Q leaves, and we need another admin, i vote we appoint roger if he wants. thats just if we need another admin. i dunno if we do or not, not do i know if Q is actually leaving.
  • Why are you leaving Q?

If you are leaving, can I be put in charge of the GUI gallery or your other WinWorld functions?
  • sadmac.jpg

it wont be the same without u Q.
  • I might change my avatar to that.

I'm not dead YET, and I'm not sure I'm gonna be. My mind is far from made up and I'm not sure what's gonna happen. However that's certainly emerged as a possible route for me to take now. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear when I posted that as my mind was, and still is, a rather muddled.

I'm going outside and see what that does.

-Q
  • Think about it, man.

You are a GREAT admin and I worry what will happen without your fair and balanced judgement here.

Please think it over, if you have to leave, you do, but you do an excellent job.
  • I totally agree with surfinSHELL... please think it over. its your own decision, but winboards needs you!
  • I just don't know what's happening... everything seems to be falling apart here...
  • Q, I don't blame you for wanting to leave. Believe it or not, this forum has had a lot of problems lately. We keep gettin idiots around on this board that Q don't like such as IBM...rad...etc and Fish also had to deal with phpBB problems and all that. Q, don't leave, we just need to take action and make this board better. We need more people. More people who know what they are talking about when it comes to computers. A bigger, wider audience of older people. We have maybe 8 or so people that post on a daily basis. That isn't enough. We gotta think of a way to promote this board without spamming other sites. Whoever posts on other boards, a simple signature with the link in it can do wonders.

Come on guys, WinBoards isn't the admin and mod team. It's everyone, a team effort. What I'm trying to say is we just gotta try and make this a better place. Q stay a little while longer and give us a hand. Don't throw in the towel early and give up.
  • Q, I don't blame you for wanting to leave. Believe it or not, this forum has had a lot of problems lately. We keep gettin idiots around on this board that Q don't like such as IBM...rad...etc and Fish also had to deal with phpBB problems and all that. Q, don't leave, we just need to take action and make this board better. We need more people. More people who know what they are talking about when it comes to computers. A bigger, wider audience of older people. We have maybe 8 or so people that post on a daily basis. That isn't enough. We gotta think of a way to promote this board without spamming other sites. Whoever posts on other boards, a simple signature with the link in it can do wonders.

Come on guys, WinBoards isn't the admin and mod team. It's everyone, a team effort. What I'm trying to say is we just gotta try and make this a better place. Q stay a little while longer and give us a hand. Don't throw in the towel early and give up.

Nice speech. Anyway...I'll see if I can get some people to join, without spamming.
  • Alright, people, things and events have conspired to trap me here for longer, perhaps, like the fly in amber, forever.

-Q
  • Like what :-?
  • I'll give you 2 guesses.

-Q
  • noones keeping you from leaving ~ keep up in school and fish will keep the place under control
  • Mr. Clean wrote:
    noones keeping you from leaving ~ keep up in school and fish will keep the place under control

Yeah, it'll slow down for the year, Q, so you can go, and if I need you, Ill get you, but I can manage this for a while.
  • Don't EVER let us get in the way of your studies. That is true.
  • Fish and I, and the other mods can handle this, so u dont have to feel obligated or anything to stay
  • Are you back, too, now?
  • If Q's gone, ill force Mr. Clean to stay back even if he doesnt want to, because I'd need someone other than just jim to watch you kiddies :P
  • I think that I would make a great moderator. I have an excellent sense of justice.
  • Most members would make great moderators, but mods are also picked by how long they've been with winboards (winworld/winvision), this is only the fairest way to pick new staff, a first come first mod basis.
  • Mr. Clean wrote:
    Most members would make great moderators, but mods are also picked by how long they've been with winboards (winworld/winvision), this is only the fairest way to pick new staff, a first come first mod basis.

who do u have in mind if you have to pick a new moD?
  • we're not discussing that at the momment, but we probably will shortly

NOTE: any and all requests/ hints / notions will be turned down
  • Well, I've decided for my own reasons to leave the boards and the site.

I"ll still run WinWDCS, but don't look for me here and don't ask me about WinW.

As far as I'm concerned, this board is past the point of no return.

-Q
  • That's the best way to do thinks.

Like, Radeon, with workign on ships, it doesn't matter if you're Bill Gates or Steve Jobbs, you still start as an assistant Systems Manager because you have no shipboard experience. You work up to Systems Manager.

It's just like that here. It doesn't matter if you modded a 1,000,000 member tech board, you haven't been in WinBoards long.
  • Mr. Clean wrote:
    we're not discussing that at the momment, but we probably will shortly

NOTE: any and all requests/ hints / notions will be turned down

im not hinting and will no longer talk about the mod desision after this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file