Incredible XP uptime

edited September 2004 in Software
uptime.png

I think all people like TCPMeta who claim XP is unstable have just been owned :)

Comments

• Is that really your Laptop?
  • This baby has NO service packs, has an AMD Athlon Processor @ 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, XP home, and is a LAPTOP, and its been on all this long.

What do you say NOW XP haters?
  • What's all this skycache nonsense? The images never even work!
  • Impressive.

PS- My laptop board needs to be replaced AGAIN. Ugh.
  • There. Its now on fishs server. that one always works. now, who wants to claim that xp is unstable? ever think that you just have a shit computer?
  • btw people, this is real uptime, i dont use standby or hibernate... its been running non stop for almost 40 days.
  • Thats right, laptop with 39 days uptime. No standby / suspend / sleep / hibernate. Its the real thing. And people like TCPMeta claim XP is oh so unstable. LOL... Talk about getting owned :)
  • All this
    Talk about getting owned :)

seems extremely sophomoric (If that's a permissable word here).

-Q
  • did your laptop poverheat? If i wanted to do that on my laptop, i would put a good sized fan by it
  • No, the laptops still on, and in use.
  • Is it's thermal heat able to produce enough power to light the Clean Household?
  • Uhhh,,,, dells get hot, this compaq doesnt unless you play movies.
  • :) My school has Xeon's in the IED class.. Dells... wonder if they make the room hot or not... have to see the specs when I finally get to use them.

Comp Apps has Mac G5's. The teacher said she's going to make a mac user (Read: MacTard) out of all of us. This other kid was like "We'll see about that!" lol.
  • I'm impressed. I don't think XP is unstable, but somtimes explorer likes to crash, and I would probably try to patch up all the security flaws XP with no service packs contains.
  • :) My school has Xeon's in the IED class.. Dells... wonder if they make the room hot or not... have to see the specs when I finally get to use them.

Comp Apps has Mac G5's. The teacher said she's going to make a mac user (Read: Macintosh user) out of all of us. This other kid was like "We'll see about that!" lol.
    you have IED too? we have dells in our class too, and they crash every five minutes. lol
  • Intro to Enginerring Design? Project Lead the Way?
  • Making you all Mac usrs might not be that bad, @ least to know how to use them. I still hope for Universailty.

*Moved to Windows Talk*

-Q
  • yeah. with autodesk inventor, the program that takes 20 mins to load.
  • make me a mac user...NO. There's only one type of mouse to use, two buttons.
  • hacked711 wrote:
    yeah. with autodesk inventor, the program that takes 20 mins to load.

LoL, are your PC's Xeons and is it with PLTW?

Do you have Comp Integrated Manufac. with the milling machine?
  • HeH, BCC has NONE of that crap!

(@least you seem to descibe it derisively)

-Q
  • hacked711 wrote:
    yeah. with autodesk inventor, the program that takes 20 mins to load.

LoL, are your PC's Xeons and is it with PLTW?

Do you have Comp Integrated Manufac. with the milling machine?
    our pcs in pltw are Crapps (dells) brand new with p4 processors. i think the reason why everything takes forever to load is that our server is > 5years old.
    we have the milling machine (somewhere where noone gets pissed off at us for the noise) we are working on the puzzle cube project right now.
  • My homeroom is the milling machine room, with Dell PRecision Workstations, I think. They PC's in the IED room are the Xeon's. I haven't gotten to use any of the PC's yet. I REALLY want my laptop to get fixed (again).

I think it's actually a pretty good course track, Q.