[ YA ] Is it possible...

edited October 2004 in Software
to put the Windows XP explorer in Windows 2000, or even yet NT 4?

Just curious mostly.

Comments

• Why is [ YA ] and size=18 in this?

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Q wrote:
    Why is [ YA ] and size=18 in this?

-Q

[ YA ] = Yet another. and the size 18 was the Question.

[ YAQ ] = Yet another question
  • I found an article on how to integrate winnt 4 explorer in 2k, but never xp into 2k?

Whats the diff. of xp and 2k anyway.
  • simple, explorer in XP is prone to crash every time you try to view my computer. Or go into any zip file with XP's zip support. So I don't see the purpose of giving 2000 or NT the explorer from XP.
  • James Babb wrote:
    to put the Windows XP explorer in Windows 2000, or even yet NT 4?

Just curious mostly.

you should only install IE6
  • simple, explorer in XP is prone to crash every time you try to view my computer. Or go into any zip file with XP's zip support. So I don't see the purpose of giving 2000 or NT the explorer from XP.

Windows NT based OSes never have problems, its the user with the problem.

mycomp.PNG

Looks like my brothers PC opened that pretty easily. Ill get screenshots of mine later.

maybe for you...but I actually like WinXP explorer.
  • i like the way that drives are sorted in XP and 2003
  • i think i've had XP explorer crash... maybe once? and that was coming back to from a program that used full screen, i've noticed a problem with that, but it might just be this pc
  • Damn it's impossible...
  • edited October 2004
    I don't think it's the user... probably the fact that the machine is a dell... using a dell oem of XP.... without the many many cds of crap installed.... which would be the users fault... alright I'll admit IT'S ALL MY FAULT. I just like 2000 better anyways.

It happens a lot less on the current install, mainly because I didn't TweakNT the build to professional.
  • The "It's the users fault" mantra has to be carefully thought about before application, as it may be totally unwarranted and is frequently used as a blanket to divert responsibility from the true culprit.

-Q
  • Oh wise Q, your words are filled with great meaning.

Anyways, yeah... I remember others going off on tangents about XP's explorer.exe always crashing on them. Sometimes it gives errors, sometimes it wants to phone home and tell them it broke, and sometimes it just freezes up until you kill it's process then revive it.
  • Explorer crashes on me in any windows. Not often tho. I like explorer i love the interface.
  • I'd better prefer altenate shells.
  • Slash wrote:
    I'd better prefer altenate shells.

You hate everything that doesn't work for you. Don't you?
  • Who doesn't?

-Q
  • I do that too...

-Q
  • James Babb wrote:
    Slash wrote:

I wanna say that I like everything that works for me good... LOL
  • Slash wrote:
    James Babb wrote:
    Slash wrote:

I wanna say that I like everything that works for me good... LOL

that counts for most people
  • Yea, it does... SO why I should like XP if it doesn't work fine for me???