Diskeeper 8.0 Pro

Has anyone ever heard of diskeeper? This is the site for it:
http://www.diskeeper.com

I would like to know everyone's opinion on it if anybody has tried it.

Comments

• Its the best defrag program I have ever used,

That is my opinion.
  • DisKeeper > All.
  • Diskeeper is a truly amazzing defragger.

That or Windows Defrag just sucks.

Or both!

Which reminds me, I've should install it on here soon!

-Q
  • Thanks guys. I had tried the demo out but had to make sure before I bought it. Which I did so I have Diskeeper 8.0 pro now.

PS: it is on sale for $35.95 right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2004
    Diskeeper Review:
    By: James Babb

Rating: 9/10

Pluses:
    -Runs faster than traditional windows defrag programs
    -Does a good job on drives with little space
    -Has a boot time defrag program that optimizes the Swap file, registy, and directorys
    -Nice clean, and easy to use UI

Minuses:
    -Need pro version for NT 2000, XP pro and any of the server variations.

Comments:
    I have used diskeeper for over a mounth now. I am very happy with it. I like the fact that it runs well in the background so I can do other things in the foreground. It also preforms defrags better and faster than conventional defrag programs. I did not like the fact that I had to use the pro version. The defrag scheduler also works very well. I can just "set it and forget it" with out any batch scripts like Windows Defragmenter took. It helps that it optimizes the page, system, and directories. This speeds up your system preformance alot. If you have a slower drive, then get Diskeeper now. It will make things go faster. If you have a faster drive, it will make that fast drive appear to go super fast. So buy Diskeeper today.
  • 1 thing:

I'd decapitalise "K"

-Q
  • YaY! It 0wnz!! But it's some kinda... commercial.. so I don't want to pay money for it...! :) LMAO
  • Thanks guys. I had tried the demo out but had to make sure before I bought it. Which I did so I have Diskeeper 8.0 pro now.

PS: it is on sale for $35.95 right now.

BOUGHT? Just go on google and search for Diskeeper 8 pro crack.
  • I am trying to be a legal user: use only freeware or don't use software at all...
    Wondering how long i can do that...
  • diskeeper = ownage lol
  • SpeedDisk is the best!!
  • BOUGHT? Just go on google and search for Diskeeper 8 pro crack.

What is it with so many people not wanting to pay for a product?
  • perhaps cos some compaines *cough* M$ *cough* over charge u for the software

I dont have money for all this software i need.
  • i worked out if i bought all my software i could build 3 new PCs with the money lol

Its not a solid physical object, so Im not going to spend alot of money on it, I dont have much laying around to start either, with Bush's economy and all.
  • The diskeeper setup I have doesn't need a crack... the setup just starts to install right away. then there is a newer build since it was made, so I just install the upgrade (which might actually just be a full setup by itself...) right over it. It doesn't even as to restart at all... that's the way all programs should be.
  • The diskeeper setup I have doesn't need a crack... the setup just starts to install right away. then there is a newer build since it was made, so I just install the upgrade (which might actually just be a full setup by itself...) right over it. It doesn't even as to restart at all... that's the way all programs should be.

Im assuming you got that one from me...
  • yeah, irc long ago.
  • Topher wrote:
    BOUGHT? Just go on google and search for Diskeeper 8 pro crack.

I dont have money for all this software i need.
    Yeah, I don't want to steal programs any more, nor I have money to buy them...
    I just use opensourse apps and opensource OS...
  • well... linux supposedly has a filesystem built so well that it never fragments....
  • well... linux supposedly has a filesystem built so well that it never fragments....

Yeah. Right. And the sun is going to burn out today.

That is impossible. Look at how it is gets fragmented. You delete files and add new ones. If it just get stacking them on top of each other and not use the holes...you would run out of space very quickly.
  • James Babb wrote:
    well... linux supposedly has a filesystem built so well that it never fragments....

Yeah. Right. And the sun is going to burn out today.

That is impossible. Look at how it is gets fragmented. You delete files and add new ones. If it just get stacking them on top of each other and not use the holes...you would run out of space very quickly.

Thats the way I look at it... It gets fragmented, severly fragmented, but its not possible at the time to defragment it, so the linux zealots just CLAIM it never gets fragmented so people think its better.
  • Yeah, ext3fs never gets fragmented, unlike FAT.
  • Slash wrote:
    Yeah, ext3fs never gets fragmented, unlike FAT.

Or is that just what they lead you to believe?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yay, so I'm not the only one who knew that linux file systems had to fragment.
  • I have read many many many technical white papers about all the different file systems. They are quite intersting actually.
  • What about Reiser? I've seen and used it, but haven't really and idea as to how it works...

-Q

PS. What about your BSD filesystems?