*EDIT*
New shorter site address
*EDIT*
Fourm is down
*EDIT*
Fourm is back up
*EDIT*
Now only fourm
Also I was wondering if anyone would like to help me host some files between maybe 300-500mb (maybe smaller or larger [but that is the typical range])

Thanks

Comments

• Umm... A wond of advice:

Your downloads are pointing to 192.168.x.x, that will NEVER work. You need to refer to your routers WAN address and forward a port.

-Q
  • Heres the catch, hes hostng on TCPMeta... so yeah I dunno how he fucked that one LOL!

Its gonna be REALLY hard to get free abandonware hosting man... you should really make your own server like we at WinWorld do...
  • I ssay screw public hosting. Its too easy to get caught.
  • .....ONLY if you have cable!!
  • uhhh, no, little fuckers report your ISP.

Its called the copyright law!
  • Kinda reminds me what happen to a old BBS server I use to hang out in. It was covered with crap and some ass hole came on and said he was going to report us to the FBI and Bellsouth (Remember this was dail-up and there was no ISP usage for the BBS). Anyway, we changed the BBS server info and never got caught. The scary thing was Bellsouth did a investigation on the server. My point is your not safe anywhere. Even if your overseas or in international waters. I think the only safe place is outer space.
  • Wonder if I can get a Satelite connection on mars.
  • FishNET650 wrote:
    Heres the catch, hes hostng on TCPMeta... so yeah I dunno how he fucked that one LOL!

Its gonna be REALLY hard to get free abandonware hosting man... you should really make your own server like we at WinWorld do...
    See i do have my own server (i am new at this server stuff so the downloads might not work :? :? :? ) it is the 192.168.xxx.xxx IP address i am not sure if i am doing this right .

Sadly i do have cable
    Whe have a damn number that doesnt allow us to get DSL over here
  • The 192.168.x.x IP is a LAN IP address. What you have to do is change the 192.168.x.x IP to the domain that the webserver uses.

For a example

This is what you have now
    <A HREF="http://192.168.x.x/file.exe">FILE.EXEr</a&gt;

This is the code for WAN usage
    <A HREF="http://www.domain.com/file.exe">FILE.EXEr</a&gt;

See the diffrents.
  • Or just use <A HREF="/file.exe">FILE.EXEr</a>

Thats how I do it.,.
  • That can work also, but if you have say the HTML document in the root of the webroot directory and the file you want is in <webroot>/files then the code would be.
    <A HREF="files/file.exe">file.exe</A>

Also say you have a the HTML document in <webroot>/main and the file you want to host is in <webroot>/files then the code would be.
    <A HREF="../files/file.exe>file.exe</A>

Also heres a good code

<A HREF="/*URL*/files/file.exe>file.exe</A>

The /*URL*/ is similer to %SYSTEMROOT% in windows.
  • Ok so ur saying: Change the IP address to my domain. my domain name is GCSSDESK11 or is GCSSDESK110 (oh shit what is it again) so it would be gcssdesk110.com\file.exe

Ok thanks
  • mam693 wrote:
    Hi i have a new website!

Oldows 2000 Abandonwarez

Oldboards 2000 Fourm

I am still working on it
    Also I was wondering if anyone would like to help me host some files between maybe 300-500mb (maybe smaller or larger [but that is the typical range])

Thanks

I got a few suggestions for you:

1)do something about those wandering frames
    2)NEVER , I mean NEVER offer anything above Windows 98 SE in your downloads section, especially not XP
    3)add a link to my site when your link page is up

PS: I like your Slogan, its original and true (except for World War II, then the past sucked)
  • WWII was cool.

__
  • Yes WWII is cool but at the same time it sucked.
  • MrClean wrote:
    mam693 wrote:
    Hi i have a new website!

Oldows 2000 Abandonwarez

Oldboards 2000 Fourm

I am still working on it

Thanks

I got a few suggestions for you:

1)do something about those wandering frames
    2)NEVER , I mean NEVER offer anything above Windows 98 SE in your downloads section, especially not XP
    3)add a link to my site when your link page is up

PS: I like your Slogan, its original and true (except for World War II, then the past sucked)

Hi That WinXP 64bit is just a link to M$ WinXP 64bit site but i will remove it

Sure i will ad ur site to my links page do u want a derscription for it
  • WinWorld'd apprecialte a link.

-Q for WinWorld
  • that XP 64-bit download is only a 180-day trial
  • ...first... you need to deal with WPA... second, its only a beta
  • ...third...Screw it and find a comerical version of it that doesn't use the Activating crap.
  • You mean corprate, which they may just stop making due to piracy.
  • No, Commerical... The Commerical version is just like the corp but doesn't have the Activation. I've seen a few XP Corps and they still want the Activation key after like 30days.
  • ...corprate does not include windows product activation, which is what MAKES it corprate
  • I need a better crack for XP. Mine crashs when I log off or when I resume from hibernation.

I think the hibernation is probly a hardware thing, but the logon/off thing was working before I cracked it. Its all logon.exe's fault.
  • FishNET, I'm starting to question your computer skills. The other day you told me that a file extention can't be over three chars. In fact it can be as long as you want. Make a ASCII file and label it test.program and Windows will execpt it.
  • Its not windows that accepts it, I asked Tomchu... he said that as long as its a good program your using, it will know what to open it with based on the code of the file.

Corprate has NO activation, ask everyone here, hell me and Q AND MrClean< AND Duffdude use corp..
  • Go BUY a copy and install it and tell me in 30days if it asks for Activation.
  • Then it would be RETAIL... now corprate.

"Corpate edition, is avalible for schools, bussiness and other companys, this version does not have WPA, because they buy it with a license for so many computers. THe reason it does not have WPA is because companys tend to reformat and reset up thier computer mutiple times during the year because of various problems. The they purchase a singe license that is avalibe for lets say 100 computers, now no tech wants to go through WPA 100 times, or even more if they do a reinstall. And Microsoft knows this, so they offer thier corprate version of XP with out the WPA."
  • Then why does Office Depot sell Windows XP Corp?