Happier with Linux

edited October 2004 in Software
I used Linux on the Server for a long time, and then i decided to use BSD.

Well, i dont care too much for BSD, i like linux better!

So, im going back to linux, if some people dont like it too bad!

Comments

• Just use 2000 :D

No, i will use linux. :D
  • 2o0o > LuNiX!111!
  • 2o0o > LuNiX!111!

everyone has thier own opioins.
  • Well, it always depends on what your doing, what system you've got, and, O yes... What are your known and unknown feelings towards the contenders?

And besides, if everyone went the same way, it'd be disastrous. Not to mention boring and flat.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yea, 2000 for a server is not a bad idea, but Windows is not so multitasking as Linux is... so Linux is surely better as a server.
  • Calm down Tommy. Getting all excited the way you do doesn't help anyone.

-Q

PS. *Moved to X*
  • Who noticed wow perfectly Linux works with 3 application running at the same time?
    You don't even notice any slowdown... That's so comfortable... I would like to see Windows like this...
  • I find that Windows can easily run 3 apps. Right now I've got Ffx, Tbd, and PuTTY going with no problems. I think your machine may just have some unknown (to us) issue with XP.

-Q
  • I got Firefox, Word 2003, WinAMP and AIM open in the taskbar, and there is no slowdown at all.

~Duff
  • Ive got Tbd, AIM, Trillian, winMX, ffx, c++, and winamp open and no slowdown.
  • Ive got 36 processes running, 337MB RAM in use, tons of programs and folders open..

*NO* slowdown, none whatsoever.
  • ive got ffx open 3 times, ultraISO, trillian, explorer twice and notepad. im noticing a slight slowdown.....
  • But your on 128MB RAM :-|
  • i was on the server, therefore 192MB :P
  • Tomchu wrote:
    LMAO

Windows slows down with 3 things open? Right. When on a mad coding spree I regularily have like 20 FFX windows, 3 PuTTY sessions, a Crimson Editor session, couple of Trillian windows, 5 Notepad windows, and Photoshop open. This is on my laptop. Only then do I notice a bit of lag when doing stuff, but that's because my laptop has shitty memory bandwidth.

Dont forget an IM to FishNET!
  • Tomchu wrote:
    LMAO

Windows slows down with 3 things open? Right. When on a mad coding spree I regularily have like 20 FFX windows, 3 PuTTY sessions, a Crimson Editor session, couple of Trillian windows, 5 Notepad windows, and Photoshop open. This is on my laptop. Only then do I notice a bit of lag when doing stuff, but that's because my laptop has shitty memory bandwidth.

Dont forget an IM to FishNET!

Aint that in the couple of trill windows?
  • :lover:
    :Fade-color
  • :agrue: :blowkiss: \:D/ :animalchicken: :spermy: :physassult: :agrue: :love10: :love8: :love9: :sex:

Grr! I can't find the right one...!

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    :sex:

Ummm... is that a buttsex emoticon I see?!!?!?!?!?!? WTF? :puke:
  • I didn't organize them right, so they don't tell too good a storey.

As to what form of entercourse that is, it could be either, since we don't see any indications of gender on the front, they (both) evidently are on the back.

-Q

PS. No Fish, don't...