What are CPU's vcc pins?

edited October 2004 in Hardware
I broke 2 pins off my celeron, it one of the pins in the corners because i putted in wrong the first time and bented it, what did i try to do? bent them back, so i googled it up and i see people breaking 'vcc pins' and the cpu still works. any idea what pins are the vcc pins? if you can maybe edit this picture to point them out... 227052.jpg

Comments

• *Moved to Hardware Support*

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ok where are they?
  • what socket is the celeron made for? Depending on the socket type, the VCC pins are in different places. There are multiple VCC pins. They are to tell the motherboard what voltage to use. The CPU will function if the voltage is manually set at the correct value or the motherboard is still using the last detected voltage.
  • He's using socket 478.
  • I don't know where the VCC pins are for that. Have you tried using the cpu since the pins broke? You have that picture for us to use, why not show us which ones broke?
  • I broke a P4 once.. maybe there's hope??!!
  • I broke a P4 once.. maybe there's hope??!!
    Yes there is, googled it, people with broken/bent pins still had the cpu running.
    I don't know where the VCC pins are for that. Have you tried using the cpu since the pins broke? You have that picture for us to use, why not show us which ones broke?
    No, I havent.
    cpu.JPG

Either way, im going to call Intel sometime this week for a replacement, because [fact] 20% of the returned CPU to intel the pins are either broken and/or bent.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When you broke some UCC pins in Socket 370 CPU, it refuses to work at all!