Yay! I got a new laptop!

edited October 2004 in Hardware
I received it yesterday, but i couldn't post about it because of the outage.

It's great! I can run every game in high settings on the TFTs native resolution.

Specs:
Acer Travelmate 4001WLMI

TM4000_normal.jpg

Intel Pentium-M CPU 1.5ghz 2mb L2 cache (centrino)
512mb DDR ram
15.4" WXGA Widescreen TFT 1280x800 pixels
ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 - 64mb
DVD +/- Rewriter
802.11b/g 54mbit Wireless LAN
60gb Hitachi HDD
56k modem

Comments

• Nice (y)
  • Very, very nice MM!
  • I see you ditched the ThinkstuPad option. Not a bad one I have to admit, better then any of my laptops :0 >: ( ;):D

-Q
  • I'm jealous. That's a nice laptop, congrats! :)
  • Ian wrote:
    I'm jealous. That's a nice laptop, congrats! :)

thanks! ive been saving up for a long time to buy this... The speed increase is HUGE! Ive been using the Pentium3 for almost three years every day, and im amazed by the speed of the laptop every time i play a game...
    Today I used my wokstation, and the CRT was giving me headaches, and it was extremely slow, even on win2k. I can't even imagine how I dealt with the 500mhz for three years...

Only thing i dont like about the laptop are the speakers... I was used the Creative AWE64gold/Panasonic amp/'78 Philips speakers.. And, it has no PS/2 port, so i cannot connect my IBM keyboard :(

time for a USB>PS/2 converter :)
  • Nice... sorry to have missed this topic, but I always have wondered how those Pentium-M's compared to others... seems like you're pretty happy with it.
  • It's great! I can run every game in high settings on the TFTs native resolution.
    comeback when you have doom 3 on that
  • I'm extremely jealous, that is a ultimately kickass laptop, especially with the Centrino technology and DVD-+RW drive.

~Duff
  • Very nice Mental...good stuff there...how much total?
  • Very nice Mental...good stuff there...how much total?

It was
  • Pretty cool laptop, but I think it's a bit expensive..
  • At least its like waaay better than his previous machine.
  • thats not too bad pricewise.....