I'm going 2000

2»

Comments

• Ive only seen explorer restart itself on old-ass systems like my 400MHz / 256MB. I honestly will say, I have NEVER had a bluescreen, explorer crash, or anything windows-related crash on this computer.
  • How do you know it didn't crashdump, restart, and you forgot later about the login screen?

-Q

PS. I've had a couple of crashscreens, on this AND BlacIII (Whose Windows is like ~<1Week old).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Tim, I still don't see why you proclaim that slower systems are less stable than faster systems.

Fast != stable, slow != unstable.

Older hardware isnt always as compatible as newer hardware... Why else would my 100MHz / 64MB crash every few hours with XP, and then this system goes weeks without problems?
  • my PII 233 with svr 2003 has never crashed, your wrong fish :P
  • Heh, when I try to launch Tweak-XP v3, it crashes my Explorer!! HaHa!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XP is @ least for 233...
  • Slash wrote:
    Heh, when I try to launch Tweak-XP v3, it crashes my Explorer!! HaHa!

tweakxp.JPG

I also made and saved changes.
  • Strange.
    But I've made my XP run excellent, it's OK... but I'd wish to stay with 2k...
  • Where do you get that tweak xp program.

Richard
  • I switched from Windows XP to 2000. I had XP on my MII 300 PC only 128 MB RAM, then I removed it and installed 95 to upgrade 2000 from because my CD is really scrached. Runs alot mor stable and it amazing, but it actually runs faster than 98.
  • Oh Yeah! Go to google... and type TweakUI or PowerToys for Windows XP

Edit

Then again, maybe thats no the one :cool:
  • theres this thing called x-setup or something like that....... Q told me about it.....
  • Yea, I occasionally use it for paranoia, or because I've got it on the MSI CD and I install it and play around.

-Q
  • Hey Fish! You use unregistred tweak-xp! Why don't you "register" it?
  • I think he just installed it to prove that it was possible to use it, and not to really use it.

-Q
  • Oh... maybe...
    I just posted that because it's very difficult to find a crack for tweakxp4...