PHPNuke

edited November 2004 in Software
What is it? What does it do?

Thanks

Comments

• I THINK:

Its like a news automated system used on th www. It deals with databases and stuff.
  • does it require a MySQL database?
  • Ummm I'm pretty sure it does.
  • PHPNuke sounds like a Nuke program but its really a already made website that can be customized to look and feel any way you want. You need PHP and MySQL installed on your webserver to use it.
  • It's a bloated CMS that I wouldn't recommend using. It's a major resource hog.
  • PHPNuke is bloated.

The problem with it, though, is that because it's so extremely easy to set up a site with, it leads to a large number of low-quality sites.
  • Is there any other CMS software that is like PHP Nuke?
  • Nope I don't know any besides PHP Nuke.
  • There's eZpublish, but some ppl don't like it...http://ez.no/

-Q
  • Maybe I'll try that!
  • Try it, but I've heard complaints about it. Check around and use a sandbox 1st.

-Q
  • Hmph... maybe I will.
  • hmmm, i will loom into it
  • i have seen quite a few bugs for it on bugtraq be weary
  • oh... anyone ever try this? I didn't.
  • I use PHP-Nuke on my site and it's fast. You just have to know what you're doing when you set it up. Also yes theres a lot of people that use it and end up with a crappy looking website. The reason for that is they're n00bs and because they make their templetes or download a crappy looking one.
  • You can use PHP-Nuke if you want, but be careful. There are security holes in the program. I found 2 sites last week who have had the admin accounts hacked into and removed everything.

If you don't want PHP-Nuke, you can always try it's oponent - Post Nuke. It's almost like PHP-Nuke, but not much is made for it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I found a site with various CMS' opensourcecms.com

anyways, I found that everything with nuke in its name is not as good as the other CMS Portals.