menu problems (pix)

BODBOD
edited December 2004 in Software
this is confising me.... i radomly clicking my mouse round the screen and i get this

menu1.JPG

but when i move my mouse this happens

menu2.JPG

EDIT: this happens everywhere i can find a right click menu, explorer, menus etc

Comments

• Explorer @ it again. Sometimes I get menus that are way out of place (EG. Rightclicking Taksbar icons gives their menus in the middle of the screen). Try logging on and off, killing and restarting Explorer, or maybe stopping any possibly rogue processes. @ a last resort, restart.

-Q
  • if i turn the visual effects off in my computer its fine
  • yeah bod thats happened to me before.... and Q don't move your mouse when you right click..... i've found that if i move my mouse after i've right-clicked the menu apears where my mouse stops.... so if i right-click AIM and move my mouse to the center of the screen, thats where the menu pops up... doesn't do it much.... but somtimes, yeah... and that is wierd bod.. i remember i had a "ghost menu" on my desktop a while back..... i right-clicked the desktop, the menu apear but when i clicked off the menu it started to fade then stopped..... it was wierd
  • How about when you left clicked and it thinks your right clicked?
  • that only happened to me in 95..... i think it happened once in 98...... but it has never happened to me in NT (4, 2000, XP)
  • thats annoying and sometimes it thinks im holding the button down when im not
  • Its happened to me a lot in any Windows OS.
  • Visual Effects caused a bug, that's not amusing.
    That's why I always turn them off...