The fish that started it all has passed away.

edited February 2005 in News & Announcements
The name "FishNET" that I've had for a few years now no longer has an owner, therefore I am the new owner. "FishNET" was the name of a goldfish I've had for the last 4 years, which has today found its way INTO a fish net. I got it in the beginning of 7th grade, which was a loonnggg time ago. But everyone dies eventually, and the average goldfish lives for like 4 days and dies, or someone actually tries and it lives for a few weeks then dies, and FishNET lived for over 200 weeks. It had been through alot, several sicknesses, etc, and was very old and just couldnt get over whatever it had this time. It and the other one (named George by my grandma) were in the same tank, but only FishNET was ill. It was so old that it just couldnt get over the sickness and died while me and Mr. Clean were at "Darkness". I knew it was coming, since it had been pretty sick for the last week and was on antibiotics. But sometimes things just get too old for antibiotics to help, and after 4 years this was the case.

Sure it wont be the same going into the kitchen and not seeing FishNET's golden scales, but it had lived for such a long time I'm not really that upset about it.

In conclusion, the fish itself may have died, but the legacy lives on.

Comments

• ouch.

cool name for a fish tho.
  • w00t *applause*
  • Don't woot that.

Not like it's George Bush or Steve Jobs now.
  • I said w00t damn it, I knew that fish more than you.
  • Yeah Bush would be good, FishNET is... not good but not bad, because although the fish TECHNICALLY owned all of this because it owned the name... BUT it was extremely old, so you know, its not like it lived a month then died, it lived MANY months, so I'm not that upset about it.
  • RIP FishNET

Quick Q: Where does the number 650 and 3000 come from?

Very sorry to hear about your fish.
  • ah man that sux
  • James Babb wrote:
    RIP FishNET

Quick Q: Where does the number 650 and 3000 come from?

Very sorry to hear about your fish.

650 was just a random number I picked. Then when AOL ate that name, I was THINKING of using 2k3 or 2k4, but I figured that instead of changing names every year like some pre-pubescent girl, I'd just go 1000 years in advance so its always the same.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry about the fish, Fish. Mine died a few days ago. It lived a very long time, too. Like I'm thinking 5 or 6 years. I think it ate gravel and got a blockage or maybe it's buoyancy sacks were messed up because it was upside down and sideways. :(

That antibiotics not working might mean it was something virus-related or just a disease. If it's a virus, I hope George is ok.
  • fishnet the fish..pwnage

i have a fish...lmao belongs to my sister and i dont know the name of it
  • Yeah Bush would be good, FishNET is... not good but not bad, because although the fish TECHNICALLY owned all of this because it owned the name... BUT it was extremely old, so you know, its not like it lived a month then died, it lived MANY months, so I'm not that upset about it.

so why didnt the fish have an admin account on the boards?
  • cos it'd get electrocuted when it tried to use the ocmp
  • sorry to hear about your fish fish. maybe hes looking down on you from fish heaven now lol
  • Fish, I feel sorry about your fish...
    Therefore, aren't you going to change your name?
  • How about....

CatNET
    DogNET
    SharkNET
    ClamNET
    CrabNET
    LobsterNET
  • YOu forgot about FrogNET LOL
  • DuffNET650 ;-)
  • Mr. C wrote:
    DuffNET650 ;-)
    LMAO That sounds cool and funny!
  • YOu forgot BeerNET!
  • enough with the damn nets, we get the point already
  • edited December 2004
    Or ShellNet. :)
  • Dont forget BabbNET

babbNET @ hotmail.com
  • WTF? ABYSS? FRONPAGE? (fail)

Plus that virtical line is fucked up.
  • Why would I change my name? Theres too much involved.
  • Abyss is great, FP...

Sigh, this is a sad event... I remember "FishNET 2" in Dr. Halls room @ H! And all the labels...

-Q
  • aww poor fishy... my sisters fish died a while back. ahh 46 seconds left bye guyz!
  • What 46 seconds? BlueSun?
  • Slash wrote:
    What 46 seconds? BlueSun?
    she was in a libary and trust me, your timed when you go in there to get online. :(
  • The name "FishNET" that I've had for a few years now no longer has an owner, therefore I am the new owner. "FishNET" was the name of a goldfish I've had for the last 4 years, which has today found its way INTO a fish net. I got it in the beginning of 7th grade, which was a loonnggg time ago. But everyone dies eventually, and the average goldfish lives for like 4 days and dies, or someone actually tries and it lives for a few weeks then dies, and FishNET lived for over 200 weeks. It had been through alot, several sicknesses, etc, and was very old and just couldnt get over whatever it had this time. It and the other one (named George by my grandma) were in the same tank, but only FishNET was ill. It was so old that it just couldnt get over the sickness and died while me and Mr. Clean were at "Darkness". I knew it was coming, since it had been pretty sick for the last week and was on antibiotics. But sometimes things just get too old for antibiotics to help, and after 4 years this was the case.

Sure it wont be the same going into the kitchen and not seeing FishNET's golden scales, but it had lived for such a long time I'm not really that upset about it.

In conclusion, the fish itself may have died, but the legacy lives on.
    That is a sad story :(

How much fishmox did you feed it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file