Xmas/Newyears present for the Omskers [And many others!]

QQ
edited January 2005 in News & Announcements
Fish installed the Russian phpBB language module, so if you want you can have phpBB say "Профиль" and "Администратор" instead of "Profile" and "Administrator". Defaults will remain in English, as will all of the peoples posts.

-Q

Comments

• Cool! You can give me and Knezzen Swedish, and me and Tom polish! LOL
  • Uhhh, What bout a En-AU Winboards?!?!
    :P
  • Uh, no. populair.. .. aaargh..
  • Blink- wrote:
    Uhhh, What bout a En-AU Winboards?!?!
    :P

EN-GB as well
  • more like EN-CW
  • This is cool. Thanks for the russian module, now I think it's necessary to take more Russians here and make the whole Russian section!
  • No sufficent difference, more to the point, unless someone has MADE those localizations, we aren't going to make them. I stubled across the ru-RU one and asked Fish to add it to the forum. If someone wants to point me/us to ... [Looks on phpBBs site for update to phpBB, sees langage packs comment, looks around, finds them]

Err, yea... Well, I don't see dialectual packs, so you'll have to be happy with en-US.

-Q

PS. I don't think "Popular" shows up in phpBB anywhere except maybe the Administ section, which you wouldn't see.

PPS. OK, Poliski, Nederlands, and Svenski are installed. Look in your profiles if you're interested.
  • I see that the worlds "today" and "yesterday" are not translated...
  • No, those are part of a seperate MOD (Yesterday/Today), which an official langauge pack wouldn't be dealing with.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tom is right, if you are installing languages and if you have a lot of phpbb plugins, you should translate them all
  • Well, neither of us know what "Yesterday" and "Today" are in Russian, Polish, Swedish OR Dutch...

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know
    Вчера, Сегодня
  • ::roll: why does this all matter?
  • Mr. C wrote:
    ::roll: why does this all matter?
    In order to have it translated correctly...
  • its only gonna translate buttons, right? just use babel fish for the rest
  • Just the general forum stuff. Anything that we write ourselves stays in English.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Just the general forum stuff. Anything that we write ourselves stays in English.

-Q
    That's obvious...
    BTW, is there a plugin for phpbb which translates the posts too?
  • Not unless you want to read Altavistafished Russian...

-Q
  • Is there a list of the language packs on the phpbb site somewhere? I can't find it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file