Is 98SE down again?

edited February 2005 in Site Issues
Is the 98SE download supposed to be working? I've tried it a good number of times since last Friday, different times of day, and I nearly always just get a few blips coming down. I did get a busy screen once.

Comments

• Arrrgh! Tofer did it AGAIN. We really need to get a good host for this, since almost everyone wants it.

-Q
  • Maybe I could mirror... location two maybe?
  • we really should have a location 1, and 2 for all winworld's downloads, it could ease the load off some servers, while put some load on the barely used servers....
  • Topher's ip changes almost constantly. he needs to get some sort of DNS updating thing.
  • There.

I was gonna compile the leech filter, but i stupidly used apache 2, and leech filter wants 1.3.

ARRGH. stop hammering ppl.
  • The 98SE download seems to be running. Thanks.
  • Dont hammer plz kthx.
  • Excellent.

What're the limits set to?

-Q
  • i cant set limits unless i switch to apache 1.3.
  • Toph wrote:
    Dont hammer plz kthx.
    Look, don't host something that takes so much demand. Most especialy since it is illegal non-abw.
  • Thanks for volenterring to host it ridgeback.

When should i send you the rar?
  • WTF, ALL Microsoft OS downloads are "illegal", it's abw's cuz they dont offer support anymore
  • Mr. C wrote:
    WTF, ALL Microsoft OS downloads are "illegal", it's abw's cuz they dont offer support anymore
    You haven't used Windows Update in 98SE anymore have you....
  • Windows 98 SE seems to be down at the moment. Are there plans to bring it back?
  • topher changed his DNS. page needs updating
  • He also somehow renamed ".rar" to ".raf" for some reason. I've changed the old DNS to the new one, so when he changes it to .rar again it'll work.

-Q
  • yeah, i gotta have a little talk with Q.
  • Alright, I'm here, talk!

-Q
  • I just manually renamed it to *.RAF and it's downloading now...
  • Annorax wrote:
    I just manually renamed it to *.RAF and it's downloading now...

its named RAF for a reason.

to prevent ppl from downloading it

pm me when its done downloading, so im gonna remove it.

if you dont pm by tomorrow night saying something im gonna remove it.