MacDomain...

edited January 2005 in Site Issues
Now teh Mac Domain doesn't work. No downloads, can't go to the site http://macdomain.vze.com, or anything.

And don't delete this post because it has SOMETHING to do with Winworld (bounce)
Yes it does...

Comments

• MacDomain has NO connection to us. We like to them because they are our Mac equivalent. If they're up to something, Email Knezzen (theoknez@hotmail.com).

-Q
  • MacDomain is in *NO* way related to WinWorld. There just happens to be a link to WinWorld on MacDomain, and a link to MacDomain on WinWorld, and both sites offer downloads. We are in NO way connected to MacDomain, and haev *NO* control over the servers, downloads, pages, or anything related to it.
  • Mr. Mac has been gone for a while, so good luck
  • Mr.Mac has been playing Server Rullette.

He got a new server, a celeron 2.8ghz, then he needed ram, then he got a new duron 1.6ghz server, then he couldnt get freebsd installed, yada yada yada.
  • And now it works!!! :P
    Ahh... Freshly installed FreeBSD 5.3 on my new Athlon 1.4ghz server.

And i have been away cuz my server is also my router, so i havent been able to get on the i-net :(

//Mr.Mac
  • I get a blank page, did you update your No-IP?

-Q
  • macdomain seems to be still down.
  • Working for me.

Hey Mr. Mac- I got a Mac- a Mac mini!
  • Working for me.

Hey Mr. Mac- I got a Mac- a Mac mini!

u bought it?
  • Yea, won't be here for a while. The accesories start arriving this week though.
  • Hmm, Fish, are you remembering what we happened to the Mac (Not the Mactop) all last night?

-Q
  • Yea, won't be here for a while. The accesories start arriving this week though.

u lucky son of a bitch.
  • Ok,
    1. Sorry for the misunderstanding,
    2. Unless your celeron server went bloke, there is no way that you should downgrade your server to a Duron. I mean, the Morgan series has been depreciated for a while now, even semprons are good for servers. Xeon HT w/ EM64T is good, dual or quad.
    3. Your images didn't work until now,
    4. Your A/UX stuff don't work, and
    5. Mr Mac, i just want to know: Can you use PearPC with any other OS other than Mac OS X, Darwin, or Linux?
    Thank you for answering my question.

[picture of A64 logo] [/picture of A64 logo]

Sorry, I meant

amd64_start.jpg
  • Many of us have servers that are like PII's... so I don't think you need a Xeon...
  • my servers like a 233, soon to be 333 tho
  • I'm going from 300 to 1000 this summer just a matter of switching drives.
  • im sticking with my 1.5ghz for a LONG while.
  • Yeah, Topher seems to be the only one with a relatively decent server (excluding Fish, that's his workstation too).
  • and tom
  • nightice wrote:
    Yeah, Topher seems to be the only one with a relatively decent server (excluding Fish, that's his workstation too).

My server is better than Fish's in 2 ways, its faster and has more ram, AND its a "dedicated" server.

ANd, tom has a better one than me i think.

my connection sucks tho.
  • Yeah, it's pretty obvious that SBC sucks.
  • i got a server, just not on the internet (because I only have dialup :( )

It is a 133Mhz
    and the other one is a Cele 733Mhz
  • nightice wrote:
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that SBC sucks.

that or cumcast here, they both blow.
  • The local cable company is (i think) owned by Adelphia. My friend says they're pretty good (from fast servers it's like an hour for a 650mb file)
  • nightice wrote:
    Yeah, Topher seems to be the only one with a relatively decent server (excluding Fish, that's his workstation too).

WTF? My 1.4ghz Athlon arent so good? :? Fish uses a Athlon 1.2ghz (i think) So i have a faster CPU then him, but he has more RAM.

Don
  • Clawhammr wrote:
    2. Unless your celeron server went bloke, there is no way that you should downgrade your server to a Duron. I mean, the Morgan series has been depreciated for a while now, even semprons are good for servers. Xeon HT w/ EM64T is good, dual or quad.

... you do know that most of us do not want to spend our money in a Xeon processor (and some of us just don't want one...)
  • It takes me about 15 minutes to download a full ISO from linuxiso.org
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    It takes me about 15 minutes to download a full ISO from linuxiso.org

And what does THAT have to do with this?

//Mr.Mac
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    It takes me about 15 minutes to download a full ISO from linuxiso.org
    MacOS != Linux
    (fail)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.