plus wait... theres more!

edited January 2005 in Site Issues
Was there ever a plus for 2000? and is it abandoned

EDIT:Yes I found proof on X-teq but still...
why havent I heard of it?

Comments

• Not that I know of becuase 2000 was not intended of being used for a home OS.

Yet many home users found the NT based OS's to be better for gaming and stability.
  • Windows 2000 is poorer at gaming than XP. Windows 2000 didn't come with much gaming support since it was not meant for home use. Windows XP has better gaming support.
  • trainer4 wrote:
    Windows 2000 is poorer at gaming than XP. Windows 2000 didn't come with much gaming support since it was not meant for home use. Windows XP has better gaming support.
    thats bullshit.
    games seem to run better in 2000 than in xp. especially older games.
  • I was talking about 2000 when it first came out. 2000 was better for gaming compared to 98 or ME back then.
  • Steve wrote:
    I was talking about 2000 when it first came out. 2000 was better for gaming compared to 98 or ME back then.
    it was better for everything then
  • trainer4 wrote:
    Windows 2000 is poorer at gaming than XP. Windows 2000 didn't come with much gaming support since it was not meant for home use. Windows XP has better gaming support.

Very True.......

I wonder what would have happened if Neptune actually became a real product and was not replaced with Whistler.
  • If it continued the way it was going in 5111 it would've been amazzing.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XP is also a spiffed-up 2000.
  • QQ
    edited January 2005
    Tomchu wrote:
    Neptune would have been a spiffed-up 2000, you tards.

It could've been a screwed up 2000, it still would've been better then it's predecessor ME (Or 98SE).

-Q
  • :eeeek: Did Q just drop the f-bomb? That's quite a first!
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Neptune would have been a spiffed-up 2000, you tards. :P Same shit.
    hacked711 wrote:
    trainer4 wrote:
    thats bullshit.
    games seem to run better in 2000 than in xp. especially older games.

No. Newer games run better in XP. Older games run better in XP. XP's DOS emulation is head and shoulders above 2000's. I can run many ancient DOS games games with full sound and music at full performance under XP's emulator with no issues at all.
    i had loads of problems with ntvdm crashing on me when i played many dos games, almost everygame i tried on it crashed. 2000 on the other hand, 1/2 of the games ran which is better than nothing
  • QQ
    edited January 2005
    I've said "WTF" many times...

There. I tend to swear alot more then normal after an "Adventure" with Fish, like this weekend.

-Q
  • But I've never seen you actually say fuck before.
  • Read the post above, I edited it after you posted that.

-Q
  • Yea, there was Plus! 2000.
    though if you want just themes suppory, you can copy and paste Plus! directory from WinME...