I finally changed my computer case color!

2»

Comments

• most of ikeas stuff is flat pack... get some better glue :P
  • Fish, you need to spray more layers on it, and then use car wax to make it shine.

BTW, atXt owns ALL of your miserable ATX cases... :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MM's casemod. Imagine a recent PC in an XT case.
  • Probably some laptop thing.

Laptops suck.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    WTF is "atXt"?

I've put most of the 3.2mpix images on my providers' webspace here
  • Uhh.... You'be just ruined an XT case, two optical drives. You should of just gotten a nice ATX case and save the trouble. (fail) It's ugly.
  • Steve wrote:
    Uhh.... You'be just ruined an XT case, two optical drives. You should of just gotten a nice ATX case and save the trouble. (fail) It's ugly.

You cant see the optical drives, because they have the original hard disk and floppy disk faceplates on them. The complete outside of the case except for the ATX backplate, is original, and still looks original.
  • I think the PC kicks ass.
  • If you were in 1985 it would.
  • It's very cool. People try and put new stuff in old AT's and old Apple's all the time. It's a neat idea.
  • Well it's just an older PentIII 500.... I wouldn't put an ath 64 in there, either...
  • But he had a perfectly good case in the first place.

He just went through hours or work to use some ugly 20 year old XT case. The thing is probably yellow and all rusty.
  • Steve wrote:
    But he had a perfectly good case in the first place.

I didnt have a perfectly good case before.. It was the cheapest ATX around, and the steel was extremely thin, When both the optical drives were spinning up the whole case began to resonate. The PSU was also extremely cheap. It was loud and hot as hell, and you could bend the steel without using any force.

The XT was heavy (If I want to take a computer somewhere I use one of my laptops), was made of good quality, thick steel, and was still in VERY good condition. Have you seen the images? It still looks like new.

And I wouldn't have modified it if I didn't like the look of the case. So I like the look of it. Who cares anyway? The computer goes perfectly with my speakers :D
  • Tomchu wrote:
    It looks like something from Ikea.

LMAO

You get +5 points. My entire _room_ is decked out in Ikea. My parents are big Ikea fans. :-|

Don
  • My entire room and my studio is IKEA too. its nice. I love the desks.

//Mr.Mac
  • It may be worth it in Sweden, but in the US it has a reputation for selling cheap crap.

Anyway, it's AT&T and a work of art you philistines.

-Q
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Maybe you should take care of your stuff better (fail)
    I do take care of my stuff, it just fell apart like a chinese motorcycle, there's no way it could have lasted, its condition deteriorated at too great of a speed