Brightness/Contrast?

QQ
edited February 2005 in Hardware
Mines screwwed up to something barely usable, what are all yours so I can find something that doesn't look like this.

-Q

Comments

• Contrast 70
    Brightness 50
    Backlight 22

*I'm on LCD*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OK, compromise @ B35, C75.

Anyone else? That one's OK, but it used to be better (When I get it this time I'm writing it down).

-Q
  • B5 C88 seems to work well.

-Q
  • :-|. Brightness 5? Kinda low isn't it?
  • It's seems just right on this actually.

-Q
  • WTF? I keep both mine at 100! I used to use 100 and 75, but games are easier on 100 / 100, but then agian, my 100 may be someone elses 50, since theyre probably not all the same.
  • B100 C100 on here makes it look incredibly hazy.

You know what, B0 C100 actually isn't that bad!

-Q
  • what brand monitor is it Q
  • Sony rebrand as Foxboro.

-Q
  • I keep mine at 100/100, except after playing Enemy Territory, because after I exit it things are suddenly whiter until I restart. I have a ASTVision 7L 17" - 1280x1024 @ 60hz.

~Duff
  • 100 and 100, on a Compaq MV5500
  • ahh i remember back in the days before they had ll those buttons and crap on the monitors and when you wanted to adjust something you did it with those knob things. Ahh how simple life was
  • birghtness 50 contrast 100 on LG 700s 17"
  • B0 C75 seems nice right now.

-Q

PS. Anyone get the feeling I'll be adjusting these 'till I die?
  • isnt there a reset button or a "normal" setting?
  • Contrast is always set to max for better picture quality. Of course, I'm using dials under the monitor. Brightness is about 2/3 towards high.
  • OK B0 C90 now, C100 it too bright for me and even this might be a mit much to begin with.

Back when I screwed up my montior with the color temps, I was trying to find a way to reset it, but never did. Also, it wasn't "new" when I got it so it was probably something they previous owners set it to. And further, it wasn't made for what I'm using it for now, so the "defaults" are probably not suitable for what I'm doing.

-Q