Intel starts shipping 64bits

2»

Comments

• Tomchu wrote:
    jcmoor wrote:
    I thought he was talking about the processor P6, like the P4, P3, etc.

Then you thought WRONG. Do not speak until you educate yourself.

By God, the process should go like this:

1. Read.
    2. Think.
    3. Post.
    I did. I just didn't think the same way you did.
  • Roger wrote:
    Speaking of P6... I need to get my hands on a Pentium Pro sooon!!!
    I have one, more like two...
    Q wrote:
    I've got on, but no system to put it in. That'd be the BEST old machine EVER.

-Q
    Well.... if I can actually get RAM that fits in it properly... my Dual 200Mhz PPro system probably will be the best old machine ever. Although I've already installed windows twice on it in about a month. There seems to be something deep down causing issues. The wireless network card, if I let one of it's drivers send a packet or anything, instant blue screen and/or reboot. Why, I don't quite know. When shutting windows down or restarting windows, it takes it's sweet time.... and it doesn't do anything apparent most of that time either. When I boot it up the cd-rw burner's(properly set as slave) light flashes, if I don't open and close the drive before windows boots up... the even viewer gets flooded with cd-rom error messages. If anyone wants to take a stab at a solution for any of those problems go right ahead. I've updated the bios to it's most recent. There are no known hardware conflicts. I really wanted it to use a wireless network card, as I don't want to use ICS and have it connect to my mini for web access (it's purpose is to be a server, currently just FTP).
  • IDk if this could work or anything, but if your CDRW is causing problems, you might want to remove it, just to see if something improves... Or try updating drivers for the wireless card...
  • Yeah.... done both. There are no updated drivers... I checked. I tried googling the prooblem (ANIO.sys usually) apparently others have the same problem, though I didn't find a place that had a fix, the only thing I can do is tell the firewall to block it from doing anything.
    I wonder how the computer would be without a software firewall stoping crap Dlink drivers from crashing it...